This oil free Vegan Macaroni Salad is packed with deliciousness of homemade healthy mayo made from scratch. Its easy to make and pleasing to serve. Whether you serve it as a side or as the main dish it’s great for all the pasta lovers.
My family is genuinely fond of pastas. So, anything pasta becomes their favorite. Whatever, I make with any pasta is always favorable to them. Hence, I have to go out of my box to get the right perception of my pasta recipes.
The same happened with this macaroni salad. I had to get approval from my extended family who happened to visit us last week.
Ingredients for Vegan Macaroni Salad
For the dressing
Oil free vegan mayo
Apple cider vinegar
Crushed black pepper
For the salad
Red bell pepper
Green bell pepper
How to make Vegan Macaroni Salad
Firstly, I whipped up the dressing in a bowl and kept it aside.
Secondly, I assembled all the salad ingredients in a salad bowl.
Next, I poured the dressing in the chopped veggies and tossed it very well.
Then, I adjusted the salt and served it immediately.
However, I personally like it cold so usually I refrigerate it for some time.
- If you decide to refrigerate vegan macaroni salad and if it gets dry then simply add 2 tbsp of dairy free milk and mix it well. This way the salad will come back to its right consistency.
- I have tested this recipe mostly with my homemade vegan mayo and the salad came out really tasty. So, therefore, I would recommend you to blend your own mayo and fix this salad.
Frequently asked questions:
How long does this last?
I personally like it little cold but you may serve it immediately as well.
Can I make the dressing ahead of time?
Yes, it can be refrigerated in an air tight container for 4-5 days.
What type of vegan mayo should I use?
I have made this with my own vegan mayo. I have provided its link in the recipe. However, you may use store bought vegan mayo as well.
You may also like:
Healthy Vegan Potato Salad
Mexican Coleslaw Salad
Vegan Papaya Black Bean Salad
Jalapeno Tahini Vegan Pasta Salad
Cajun Pasta Tofu Bowl
Seitan and Pasta in Spicy Peanut Sauce
Moroccan Tempeh Mac n Cheese
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram because we love to see what you cooked.
Vegan Macaroni Salad
For the dressing
- 1/2 cup oil free vegan mayo
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dill (fresh/dried)
- 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
- Salt as per taste (optional)
For the salad
- 3 cups cooked macaroni pasta (regular/whole grain)
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- In a mixing bowl combine all the dressing ingredients and whip it with a spoon.
- In a salad bowl combine all the salad ingredients.
- Then, fold in the dressing and toss very well.
- Serve immediately or cold.
- I have used my home-made oil free vegan mayo for this recipe and I have provided a link to it. However, you may use store bought vegan mayo as well.
- Feel free to add celery, carrots or any veggies of your choice to increase this salad.
- The dressing can be made ahead of time and refrigerated for 4-5 days.
- Leftover salad can be refrigerated and used the next day. If you find it very dry just add 2 tbsp of dairy free milk and mix it.