This Thai Curry Pasta Salad is loaded with authentic flavors. Its rich, creamy and satisfying in every bite which makes it a complete crowd pleaser.
You can say that I am going nuts about Thai cuisine and I want the tastes of its curries in almost all the recipes.
In fact while eating my regular salad I kept imagining Thai curry flavor in it.
But to come up with this Thai Curry Pasta Salad was quite challenging for me, because my intentions were to make it super healthy so that I could indulge guilt free infinitely and at the same time I was looking for authentic Thai flavor.
It took me a while to come up with this taste and I played with the spices for quite a bit, but you know me, I had to succeed in my endeavor. So here I am finally with my Thai Curry Pasta Salad for you all.
Ingredients for Thai Curry Pasta Salad
Though the ingredients list looks a bit long but most of the ingredients are very common and found in our kitchen spice rack for regular cooking. Also this salad recipe requires minimum steps and it’s easy to make. Trust me, it’s even easier to eat in few minutes….. 🙂
How to make Thai Curry Pasta Salad
For the dressing – in just two steps I could fill my kitchen with Thai aroma. I simply combined all the ingredients in a warm saucepan and cooked for a while. When cooled just blended in a blender and Thai curry dressing was ready within few minutes. To make this dressing light I used the regular lightened coconut milk that comes in a tetra pack.
In my effort to make this salad a complete balanced meal, I added whole grains and fiber to my salad. I used pasta with ancient grain which was 100% whole grains and tossed in my favorite salad ingredients including protein rich edamame.
Lastly, I topped it with the dressing and enjoyed every bite of this salad. Even Rohit, who is not a salad or a pasta person enjoyed this Thai Curry Pasta Salad for his meal and couldn’t stop praising it.
The dressing can be made ahead of time and refrigerated for a week in an air tight glass container. This makes our work even easier …. Isn’t it?
You may also like:
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram because we would love to see what you cooked.
Thai Curry Pasta Salad
For the dressing
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup raw cashew nuts
- 2 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp yellow mustard powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tsp white sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp lime/lemon juice
For pasta salad
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 3 cups cooked penne pasta (regular/whole grain)
- 1/2 cup chopped baby corn
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup shelled edamame
- Heat a sauce pan and combine all the dressing ingredients to it except salt and lime juice. Let it boil for 5- 7 minutes. Keep stirring at intervals. When it slightly thickens and coconut flakes are visible on the surface turn off the flame and let it cool completely.
- Once cooled blend the dressing in a blender until smooth and creamy. Now pour the dressing into a bowl and mix in salt and lime juice. Keep it aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine all the salad ingredients and toss in the dressing.Serve and enjoy.
- This dressing recipe yields about 1 ½ cups.
- The dressing can be stored in an air tight glass container in the refrigerator for a week. But definitely fresh dressing tastes way better.