Superfood Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownies is healthy and chewy with a subtle flavor of peanut butter and chocolate. It’s made of all the possible healthy ingredients. These delectable brownies are vegan and gluten free.
I must confess that I am not a baker but once in a while I get this motivation from somewhere to try my hands at baking. And…if I bake.. I want to bake healthyish…. plus nutritious. It’s tough and needs tons pf practice. Therefore it took me a while to come up with this Superfood Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownies. These brownies are absolutely guilt free. Infact it’s absolutely appropriate to say that it’s a dessert with balanced nutrition. Therefore, this Valentine’s Day we all could indulge and yet not worry about the health part.
First of all it took me couple of attempts to bind these flourless vegan and gluten free brownies. When I successfully got the perfect brownies from my oven I tried them with three different toppings. I tried them with some vegan chocolate chips along with some crushed/chopped peanuts. Then, I tried them with peanut butter frosting and some melted chocolate. It tasted yum and the taste still lingers around my taste buds. Lastly, I tried the most popular combination that is with vegan vanilla ice-cream.
Finally, I settled down to devour these brownies with vegan vanilla ice cream topped with peanut butter frosting + melted chocolate and chopped peanuts. Well, I did not want to leave any of the toppings so I sneaked in some vegan mini chocolate chips as well …hahahha… I wanted it to be little grand in my own way because of the specialty of this month and Valentine’s Day mood. However, the final take of Superfood Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownies was outstanding.
Simple ingredients for Superfood Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownies
Dairy free milk
Fresh ground peanut butter
These are all popular ingredients and are easily available in every store. Also, you may be as creative as possible with the toppings and make it as grand as you like it.
These brownies are a show stopper because….
Loaded with superfoods
So what are you waiting for….. go for it and do leave us your feedback in the comments below.
Superfood Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownies
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk (tetra pack)
- 1/4 cup fresh ground peanut butter
- 1/4 cup vegan mini chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 large bananas (mashed)
- 1/2 cup chia seeds (soaked in 1 cup warm water)
- 1/2 cup almond flour/meal
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup whole ground flax meal
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Heat a saucepan in a low flame and combine coconut milk, peanut butter, chocolate chips, vanilla extract, olive oil and maple syrup. Then, whisk it well until well blended. Later, turn off the flame and let it sit to cool.
- Preheat oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit and prepare a 9 inch square baking pan with a greased parchment paper.
- In the meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl combine almond flour, coconut flour, hemp seeds, flax meal, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Then, mix very well with a spoon until no lumps are left.
- Now, add melted peanut butter chocolate mixture, mashed bananas and soaked chia seeds into the dry ingredients.
- Thereafter, mix it extremely well with a baking spatula. (You may use your hands if needed).
- Now, spoon the dough like batter on the prepared baking pan and spread it evenly with the spatula.
- Place the baking pan at the bottom rack of the oven and bake it for 35-40 minutes or until the tester comes out clean.
- Let the brownies cool down completely before cutting into desired pieces.
- These brownies tastes excellent with a scoop of vanilla ice cream topped with some peanut butter frosting + melted chocolate+ chopped peanuts + chocolate chips. You may make these brownies as grand as possible with your choice of toppings.
- These brownies are not overwhelming sweet in taste. It has fine and subtle taste of all the ingredients.