Caramelized Pear Coffee brownies are made with the combination of nuts, fresh fruits and instant coffee. This vegan brownies are soft, chewy and satisfying. Along with being kid friendly it’s a healthy indulgence.
Warm Brownies fresh out of the oven, cold weather outside and the aroma of seasonal fruit dessert all over my house is so perfect and inviting.
I love winters for the fact that baking is so much fun and it’s so easy to enjoy desserts especially because I am super fond of brownies.
The market is flooded with a variety of pears so obviously I had to fill my cart with this fiber rich, juicy and nutritious fruit and work to fit them in my refrigerator. 🙂
Brownies are almost always in my mind. I like caffeine to perk me up in the odd hour of the day. Hence, I decided to combine pears and coffee in my dessert.
How to make these Caramelized Pear Coffee Brownies
- I started with caramelizing pears in maple syrup.
- Next, I blended it smooth along with a combination of banana and chia seeds (to substitute eggs and also to make it soft and fluffy).
- Then, I spooned it into the mixing bowl of dry ingredients which mainly consisted of almond flour, salt and baking powder.
- Lastly,I folded in diluted coffee into the batter and baked in a preheated oven.
- Once done, I turned off the oven and took the brownie pan out. Cooled them and sliced.
It was impossible to wait till fully done. Its aroma in the atmosphere was continuously increasing my appetite.
When I took the first bite I went ga – ga over it and consciously saved some for my family. Fortunately, that evening I had a surprise visitor. Therefore, I got a chance for recipe tasting and got third party feedback on these coffee brownies before posting.
Everyone simply loved it and wanted me to bake another batch, in fact Rohit wanted me to bake a fresh batch especially for his office colleagues. Since, then I have been baking this dessert quite regularly and will continue baking it all of this winter. 🙂
Caramelized Pear Coffee Brownies
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (soaked in 3 tbsp warm water)
- 2 cups chopped green pear
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp walnut/olive oil
- 1 large banana
- 1 tbsp instant coffee powder (dissolved in 2 tbsp warm)
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- In a pan combine pears, maple syrup, vanilla extract and oil and cook uncovered for 5-7 minutes or until pears are soft enough to be blended. Turn off the flame and let it cool.
- Preheat oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit and prepare a square 8 or 9 inch baking pan.
- Once cooled off, in a blender combine glazed pear, banana, soaked chia seeds and blend smooth. Set it aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine almond meal, salt and baking powder and mix very well.
- Now add the blended pear mixture and dissolved coffee and whip very nicely until smooth. (the batter will be thick and not runny).
- Now spoon the batter into the square pan, tap the pan to spread the batter all over it.
- Place the baking pan in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 35 minutes.
- Take it out of the oven and let it cool completely before cutting into pieces. Enjoy!