This kid friendly Penne in Carrot Sauce is perfectly flavored with simple 7 ingredients. It is vegan, made in few easy steps to be enjoyed all year round.
We are pasta fan hence, Pasta in any form at any time of the day for any meal is always welcome in my family.
I just love pasta and especially if it is mixed in some unique homemade sauce like Carrot Sauce!!
Yum! Yummy! Divine! Can’t express my happiness enough!
I had some baby carrots lying in my refrigerator which I wanted to use up. At the same time I wanted to add this nutritious veggie into my meal so that my diet for that day would be a balanced diet.
Yes, you can think of me as a freak or insane that I try to eat balanced nutritious diet every day. 🙂 .
I was tired of the same old tomato sauce. I always avoid white sauce because it’s just too fattening. At the same time, I was craving for a creamy sauce though and at the same time I was trying to cut down on my cheese consumption.
Ingredients for Penne in Carrot sauce
- Baby Carrots
- Almond milk
- Almond flour
- Black pepper
- Penne pasta
- Slivered almonds
- Green onion
How to make Penne in Carrot Sauce
Firstly, I ground carrots in the food processor.
Secondly, in a saucepan, I combined ground carrots, almond milk, almond flour, salt, pepper and garlic.
Next, I stirred it and let it cook few few minutes.
Thereafter, I tossed in cooked penne pasta.
Lastly, I garnish it with slivered almonds and green onions.
We all enjoyed this quick carrot sauce pasta dish expecially mu kids. They just could not stop licking their plates.
I make this pasta recipe quite often since my girls are big fan of this carrot sauce.
So, therefore, I usually make a big batch of carrot sauce and refrigerate for the entire week. This helps in meal planning as well.
This is a savory pasta with a mild natural sweetness of carrots and almond in it. It is amazingly creamy and delicious in every bite.
This pasta recipe is creamy without any cream, oil free and yet it is full of fiber and protein.
I know you all must be questioning that how can I say pasta recipe to be healthy? However, we can make pasta dish healthy by selecting the right pasta for ourselves.
I always choose 100% whole wheat/100% whole grain pasta. The word 100% is very important because there might be a possibility that if 100% is not mentioned on the package white flour might be mixed in great quantity.
I also sometimes choose spelt pasta, quinoa pasta or brown rice pasta. It is important for you to make sure to read the ingredients label that there is no white flour mixed in the pasta.
Also I was able to lighten up my pasta dish by creating this Carrot Sauce. This sauce consists of protein, fiber, good fats, omega 3 fatty acids and no oil/no butter/no cream. 🙂
You may also like:
Roasted Brussels Sprout fettuccine Alfredo
Carrot Oatmeal Breakfast Patties
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings.
Penne in Carrot Sauce
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 3 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp crushed black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried garlic/garlic powder
- 4 cups whole wheat penne pasta (cooked)
- 2 tbsp slivered/sliced almonds
- 1 tbsp chopped green onions
- Grind the carrots as fine as possible.
- Heat up a nonstick pan and combine all the ground carrots, almond milk, almond flour, salt, pepper and garlic. Stir and Let it boil for 7-10 minutes stirring between intervals to make sure there are no lumps and to avoid sticking at the bottom.
- Lower the flame and toss in the penne pasta. Turn off the flame, garnish and serve hot.
- Feel free to add oregano and red pepper flakes according to taste.
- This carrot sauce recipe is gluten free and you may use gluten free pasta in the recipe if you want your meal to be completely gluten free.
this looks so fabulous and refreshing!