Irresistible and satisfying, these Easy No Bake Vegan Pumpkin Bars are the perfect quick and fuss-free dessert for those who love the flavors of fall. With just a handful of simple ingredients and minimal prep time, these bars are hassle-free and healthy.
These vegan pumpkin bars are the best go-to-dessert this season.
I love the idea of enjoying the combination of energy bar and a dessert cake. These no bake pumpkin bars fulfills all the requirements.
To fully savor the pumpkin season, I indulge in my vegan pumpkin mousse.
My kids love my healthy pumpkin muffins especially its glaze.
Why you love this recipe
Simple and easy
Healthy, nutritious and gluten free
Fiber rich and plant based
Loaded with healthy fats and antioxidants
No oven required
Only 10 ingredients
Almond flour – This is the foundation of this recipe. It adds healthy fats and helps make this recipe gluten free too.
Flaxseed meal – Acts as an excellent egg replacer and a binder.
Walnuts – there are many health benefits of walnuts which makes them essential in our daily diet. Walnuts add crunch in this pumpkin bar recipe.
Pumpkin puree – I used canned pumpkin puree for convenience but you may use your own homemade one in this recipe.
Spices – I used the blend of cinnamon, nutmeg and cardamom in this recipe but pie spice works too.
Maple syrup – Imparts a delightful caramelized flavor to these gluten-free pumpkin bars.
For detailed measurement of ingredients, please scroll down to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
How to make
Firstly, in a mixing bowl, I combined almond flour, flaxseed meal, chopped walnuts, spices and salt. Then, I mixed them together with a spoon.
Secondly, I added pumpkin puree, maple syrup and vanilla extract to it.
Next, I mixed them well into a soft and sticky dough.
Thereafter, I spooned it out in a prepared baking pan and shaped it smooth.
Afterwards, I sprinkled crushed walnuts on it and pressed them lightly so the walnuts do not fall out.
Then, I placed it in the refrigerator for about 25 minutes to settle.
Lastly, I took it out and placed the baking pan on a flat counter. Then, I gently pulled out the parchment paper along with the settled dough and placed them on a working counter.
With a sharp knife, I then sliced them into square pieces.
These were the best pumpkin bars and we all enjoyed them as our after school snack.
I also like to enjoy them for my pre-workout snack or simply to satisfy dessert cravings guilt-free.
You may sprinkle about 1/2 cup chocolate chips at the top of the dough and press them lightly along with crushed walnuts.
- You may top the squares with vegan whipped cream.
- Simply drizzle them with melted chocolate or smear chocolate fudge on each square slice.
3.If desired smear each bar with vegan cream cheese frosting.
- You may drizzle some more maple syrup to add to its sweetness giving them a delightful pancake like taste.
These can be refrigerated in a glass container in a single layer for about 2 weeks.
- When forming the dough, ensure it sticks together when pressed between your fingers. This indicates it’s ready to be shaped.
- Even if you find it little less sweet do not add more maple syrup to the dough. Once its settled in the refrigerator, slice them and then drizzle more maple syrup depending on your taste.
I used a 8*6*2 inches glass baking pan with a parchment paper in it.
These pumpkin bars have a different texture than cake. They are more akin to pumpkin protein bars or pumpkin energy bars.
Yes! In a closed container they can be left out of the refrigerator for about 12 hours.
More related recipes
This post may contain affiliate links which means that if you click on them and make a purchase, I will get a small commission. Moreover, I share only those products which I use personally and love.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did. I am very excited to hear back from you.
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with a 5-star rating.
In addition, you may checkout my cookbook for everyday comfort vegan recipes.
Easy No Bake Vegan Pumpkin Bars
- 1/4 cup crushed walnuts (see notes)
- Prepare an 8*6*2 inch rectangular glass baking pan with a parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine almond flour, flaxseed meal, chopped walnuts, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder, cardamom powder, salt. Mix it well with a spoon until all the ingredients blend well.
- Add pumpkin puree, maple syrup and vanilla extract to it.
- Mix it with a spatula or your hands. It will be like a sticky dough. Scoop a little dough and try to make a ball with your fingers. It should stick together.
- Spoon the dough into the prepared baking pan and shape it with a spatula or hands according to the pan.
- Cover its top with crushed walnuts and press them gently with fingers into the dough so the walnuts do not fall out.
- Place the pan in the refrigerator for about 25 minutes. Once done, take the pan out of the refrigerator and place it on a counter. Gently pull out the parchment paper along with the settled dough batter and place it on a flat surface. Then, with a sharp knife cut into desired slices. Drizzle some more maple syrup or enjoy as is.
- Refrigerate the leftovers in a glass container in a single layer for about 2 weeks.
- You may sprinkle about 1/2 cup chocolate chips at the top of the dough along with crushed walnuts.
- These pumpkin bars are mildly sweetened so feel free to drizzle some maple syrup on your slice as per your taste.
- Do not use golden flaxseed meal in this recipe.
- Roughly crush the walnuts with the help of mortar and pestle. Do not make them too powdered. Tiny pieces add to the overall texture and taste.