These chewy No Bake Almond Butter Flax Bars are nutrient rich on-the-go-snack. These are grain free + dates free + Omega 3 rich along with being high in fiber.
These bars are especially comes in handy if you are travelling. It serves excellently as an after school snack as well. Unless you bite on these you cannot imagine its deliciousness. Its unbelievable that all the goodness are infused in just one bar. Not to mention its low in calories and a delight to the taste buds.
Ingredients for No Bake Almond Butter Flax Bars
Whole ground flaxmeal
I personally love the chewy and rugged texture of whole ground flaxmeal. It brings back some memories of my grandmother’s house. I think this is what she used in those 25 something years back. But in those times these sophisticated names weren’t explored especially in Ancient India.
When I took the first bite of these bars I went completely speechless. And by the time I finished a bar I felt heavenly. Oooops at this time I totally forgot to capture the images. However, I was super happy and guess what? Yashvi loved it too. Yippee!!!!
She exclaimed happily “mommy, these bars are super awesomely delicious” well I was taken aback with her growing vocabulary.
She is starting her kindergarten next week 🙂 . Hence, her positive feedback encouraged me immensely and I decided to re – make these. And this time I made sure to capture some hands on pictures and post it here. 🙂
How to Make No Bake Almond Butter Flax Bars
First I whipped up almond butter and maple syrup in a large bowl.
Secondly, I mixed flax meal and salt in another bowl.
In the third step I combined the liquid and dry ingredients. Then I made it into a sticky dough.
Thereafter, in a lined pan I pressed the dough in the shape of the pan with the my palm and topped it with slivered almonds.
Afterwards, I let the dough rest in the freezer for about 25 minutes.
Once done I took it out of the freezer and gently released the parchment paper from the pan.
Lastly, I cut the dough into bar slices and enjoyed tremendously.
Trust me, you will fall in love with these bars immediately.
With only 5 ingredients and being super healthy, these are absolute winner.
FAQs for No Bake Almond Butter Flax Bars
The good part of these bars is that they have a long shelf life. Simply store it in the refrigerator in an air tight container for almost 2 weeks.
I know that sounds super inviting. So what are you waiting for?
Get to your kitchen and whip up this chewy, fiber rich, omega 3 fatty acid rich bars. Wait…there’s more……. these bars are gluten free and paleo friendly. No Bake Almond Butter Flax Bars are low in calories and helps in overall health.
No Bake Almond Butter Flax Bars
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 cups whole ground flaxmeal
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp slivered almonds (for garnishing)
- In a large bowl combine almond butter and maple syrup and whip them well until smooth.
- In another bowl combine whole ground flax meal and salt. Mix well with a spoon.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the flax meal mixture and mix lightly. Then with the help of your hands make sticky dough like batter.
- Take a rectangular or square 8 inches dish and cover it with parchment paper.
- Spoon the batter onto the prepared dish and spread it evenly with your palms by pressing the batter gently
- Top it with slivered almonds and freeze for 25 minutes or until it is nicely set.
- Take it out of the freezer. Gently, take out the parchment paper out the pan and place it on a flat surface. With a sharp knife cut into desired bar sizes and enjoy.
- Store these bars in the refrigerator in an air tight container for almost 2 weeks.
- I would insist on using fresh ground almond butter to get the fresh and chewy texture. However, if you use bottled almond butter the nutritional values may differ depending on the almond butter.
- This recipe makes 10 soft and chewy bars.
- The total time to make these bars are 15 minutes + freeze time 25 minutes. Therefore, the final time for these bars is 40 minutes
(P.S. This post was originally published in 2017. Its updated and improvised)