This Honey Dew Blueberry Salsa is a lip smacking combination of juicy fruits and some spicy peppers. Its quick, easy and delectable. It works great as a dip or enjoy it as a salad.
This recipe is my attempt to give outstanding salsa dip to all my readers and followers because I love salsa and especially if it’s different from the regular salsa.
Keeping the weather in mind and the upcoming grilling season, salsa and chips is one the most wanted appetizer for any party or simple potluck or just a casual get together.
This salsa is definitely going to bring lots of appreciation and praise when you serve it on any occasion.
Ingredients for Honey Dew Blueberry Salsa
I have wanted to experiment some unique recipe with Honey Dew Melon. Keeping its excess water content in mind I had to be careful while making this salsa dip.
I used blueberries because its summer and is at it’s peak. To top it all it is one the most nutritious, weight loss promoting and antioxidant rich fruit.
How to make Honey Dew Blueberry Salsa
- So for this, my first step was to roughly crush fresh blueberries in a food processor (only crush don’t blend). You may use frozen blueberries as well but make sure to defrost very well and drain the water to derive a thick consistency of salsa.
- Then I chopped honey dew melon as finely as possible to avoid big chunks in the mouth and also to make it easy to scoop the salsa with the chips. 🙂
- With fresh jalapeno the perfect spice level was achieved and fresh cilantro added perfect aroma and impressive flavor, with fresh mint leaves I brought a little peppery and minty flavor to this salsa recipe.
- For finishing I added salt and lemon juice and served with tortilla chips.
This Honey Dew Blueberry Salsa was as outstanding as I envisaged it to be.
It was an instant hit within my friends and family and I requested them to shhhhh till I post this recipe for all my amazing readers.
You may also like:
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram .
Honey Dew Blueberry Salsa
- 1/2 cup crushed blueberries
- 1/2 cup finely chopped honey dew melon
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped mint leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- In a mixing bowl combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Let the salsa stand for few minutes and serve with your choice of crackers or tortilla chips.
- Measure blueberries before crushing.
- You can put all the ingredients in a food processor and process them in a crush mode for few seconds until desired texture achieved.
- Feel free to adjust jalapeno pepper according to taste. This salsa is medium spicy.
- Can be stored in a glass container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
- No sweetener need in this recipe. However, if your blueberries are sour then you may add little sweetener according to taste.
- This recipe yields about 1 cup of salsa and tastes great with salted tortilla chips.