This juicy and tantalizing Cherry Orange Salsa perfectly pairs with chips or tortillas. Its versatile enough to be enjoyed as a salad itself. This quick and fat free snack is a great party appetizer too.
Have you been going for cherry picking lately? Isn’t it loads of fun? Well, we love this summer activity but the tough part is always left for me. Yup! You got it right!!
Preserving these gorgeous red ripe cherries and using them efficiently. So the idea for today’s recipe originated from this thought and my love for munching on salsa dips while watching an interesting TV show in my comfortable couch. 🙂
I also feel that in these warm sunny days, Cherry Orange Salsa is a quick, easy and healthy recipe to make.
I love the sweet, spicy, tangy and salty flavors mixed in one bowl and eaten guilt free as a salad. However, my Husband insists that salsa is incomplete without chips. So he makes sure to dip salty tortilla chips into it.
Ingredients for Cherry Orange Salsa
Green bell pepper
The delicious juicy orange not only adds wonderful color to this salsa but also gives it an extra flavor and promotes clean eating. This wonderful fruit is full of vitamin C and when in need for the extra boost of energy orange juice is always preferred all year round. 🙂
How to make Cherry Orange Salsa
It is a super simple dip/salad for which first I crushed some ripe cherries in a food processor
Then, added them to the chopped oranges, red onions, bell pepper and jalapeno.
Afterwards, seasoned it with salt and citrus.
Lastly, garnished with fresh cilantro.
Within minutes the beautiful and mouthwatering Cherry Orange Salsa was ready.
- Prepare it immediately or a day ahead if need be. It’s a complete crowd pleaser and my sister in law’s favorite. 🙂
- Refrigerate it in an air tight glass container for about a week.
- Another quick way to make this salsa is – Place all the ingredients in the food processor. Then, coarsely crush them making sure the chunks are still visible.
Cherry Orange Salsa
- Food processor
- 2 cups fresh cherries (stemmed and pitted)
- 1 cup oranges (peeled and chopped)
- 1 cup red onions (finely chopped)
- 1 cup green bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 whole jalapeno (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp lime/lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Coarsely grind cherries in the food processor with the chop/crush option.
- Now, combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix gently with a spoon.
- Serve with tortilla chips or eat it like a salad.
- Measure 2 cups cherries after they are pitted.
- Try to peel the skin pulp of oranges as much as possible. (Don’t stress yourself) If it’s tough to peel the skin of each orange pieces then just chop finely.
- Can be made ahead and store in a glass container in the refrigerator for a week.