This high protein Simple Raspberry Smoothie Bowl (Vegan) is a vibrant and nutritious breakfast. It’s made with raspberries, chia seeds and walnuts which makes it thick, creamy and antioxidant rich.
Its so easy to bring togehter all the ingredients in this simple smoothie bowl and is absolutely delightful on the taste buds.
Why you will love this
Make ahead recipe
Overnight smoothie bowl
Best post workout recovery meal
Gluten free and vegan
Easy and kid friendly
Health benefits of raspberries
These are great source of antioxidants and potassium with being essential for heart function. also. known to lower blood pressure, raspberries are low in calories too. With being low in sodium and high in fiber they are also known as superfoods.
Raspberries – I used frozen raspberries to blend the smoothie and fresh raspberries to garnish. We loved the use of both fresh and frozen raspberries in this smoothie bowl.
Banana – I wanted to give it a creamy base and banana created an amazing base here. Also the combination of banana and raspberry is outstanding and compliments each other with its sweet and tart taste.
Dates – This helped in thickening and also naturally sweetened it perfectly.
Walnuts – This added healthy fats and more nutrition here.
Almond milk – I used almond milk to keep this smoothie bowl light and low in calories but any dairy free milk of your choice works here.
Toppings – Its absolutely flexible and you can use any toppings of your choice in this easy raspberry smoothie bowl.
For detailed measurement of ingredients, please scroll down to the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
How to make
Firstly, in the blender, I combined banana, dates, frozen raspberries, walnuts, almond milk and vanilla extract.
Secondly, I blended it smooth and creamy.
Next I poured in the serving bowl and stirred in chia seeds with a spoon until well blended.
Thereafter, I refrigerated it for 10 minutes so as to thicken and settle down.
When ready, I took it out and added my favorite toppings.
It was so delicious and satisfying. I often make this a night before and refrigerate for my busy mornings.
- It is important to refrigerate after stirring in chia seeds to the blended smoothie so that the raspberry smoothie bowl thickens and acquires a creamy texture.
- Most importantly blend it absolutely smooth for the best results.
Since its an overnight smoothie bowl so its prfect to consume it a day the next morning. If leftovers, you may wrap the bowl with a food saver clingy wrap and refrigerate for about 2 days.
It is high in protein and a perfcet post workout recovery meal too. I made this raspberry smoothie with natural ingredients and is super healthy.
I always prefer using high speed blender like Vitamix. The smoother its blended the better texture is achieved.
More vegan smoothie bowl recipes
This post may contain affiliate links which means that if you click on them and make a purchase, I will get a small commission. Moreover, I share only those products which I use personally and love.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did. I am very excited to hear back from you.
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with a 5-star rating.
In addition, you may checkout my cookbook for everyday comfort vegan recipes.
Simple Raspberry Smoothie Bowl (Vegan)
For the smoothie
- In a blender, combine banana, dates, frozen raspberries, halved walnuts, almond milk and vanilla extract. Blend it until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the smoothie in a bowl and stir in chia seeds with a spoon until well blended.
- Place the bowl in the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes without disturbing for it to thicken.
- Take the smoothie bowl out of the refrigerator and add the toppings. Enjoy!
- This smoothie can be made overnight. Follow the first 3 steps from the direction and leave the smoothie bowl covered overnight in the refrigerator. Take it out in the morning and top it with your choice of toppings or as mentioned.
- Any dairy free milk can be used for this smoothie bowl recipe.