Chia Protein Raspberry Smoothie Bowl is an antioxidant packed breakfast! Its creamy, thick and is made of super foods. This bountiful vegan smoothie bowl is easy to blend and super delicious to the taste buds. Have you ever thought of overnight smoothies? You bet! This vegan overnight smoothie bowl tastes amazingly delicious the next morning.
I have been falling short of time with my infant and 1st grader hanging all over me. With all the chaos in my life this idea of overnight smoothie was stuck in my brains for a while. Why? Because, I starve in the mornings and I crave for some ready food that’s healthy too. After sleepless nights and rushed mornings, I am mostly out of energy even before the day starts.
Therefore, this Chia Protein Raspberry Smoothie Bowl!!!!!
It is at this time that this smoothie bowl came to me as a refresher. It perked me up with its fresh ingredients. Also, it provided me with ample energy and stamina to get through the busy day.
Ingredients for Chia Protein Raspberry Smoothie Bowl
How to make Chia Protein Raspberry Smoothie Bowl
I simply blended this smoothie in a high-power blender and stirred in chia seeds. Then, I placed the bowl inside the refrigerator and slept through the night. In the morning this smoothie bowl looked pretty and attractive at the first sight.
Lastly, I added some toppings and my morning meal was ready. I was extremely delighted and satisfied with the smooth flavors in it.
However, I tried a quick version of this smoothie bowl with the same ingredients. In this case I let the smoothie rest for 10 minutes. It tasted equally delicious.
So, if you are rushing in the morning just blend this Chia Protein Raspberry Smoothie bowl in the night. If you have a relaxed morning then make it all fresh.
However, the longer the smoothie rests the better it tastes. I also noticed that when I leave this smoothie bowl to rests longer the consistency becomes creamier and ice cream like. Therefore, its perfect to enjoy as a dessert as well 😊
Chia Protein Raspberry Smoothie Bowl
For the smoothie
- 1 ripe banana
- 5 pitted dates
- 3/4 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
For the toppings
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 tbsp raw walnuts (halved)
- 2 tbsp hempseeds
- In a high-speed blender combine all the smoothie ingredients (except chia seeds). Blend it smooth and until creamy.
- Pour the smoothie in a bowl and stir in chia seeds.
- Let the smoothie stand in the refrigerator for 10 minutes for it to thicken. If you like thicker smoothie bowl then leave it for longer time until your desired consistency is attained.
- Take the smoothie bowl out of the refrigerator and divide it into two bowls.
- Lastly top it with fresh raspberries or any berries of your choice, walnuts/slivered almonds, hempseeds.
- This smoothie can be made overnight. Follow the first 3 steps from the direction and leave the smoothie bowl covered overnight in the refrigerator. Take it out in the morning and top it with your choice of toppings or as mentioned.
- Any dairy free milk can be used for this smoothie bowl recipe.