Arugula Quinoa Smoothie Bowl is my favorite morning meal all year round. It’s healthy, satisfying and has balanced nutrition to start the day with loads of energy. This colorful smoothie bowl is a mood booster and can be relished by all ages.
Whether it’s for breakfast or a mid-morning snack or post workout meal smoothies and Smoothie Bowls are preferred fuel for my body.
It’s an everyday meal for me and I simply love it or should I say I can’t get enough of these healthful smoothie bowls.
Ingredients for Arugula Quinoa Smoothie Bowl
Cooked red quinoa
Toppings for Arugula Quinoa Smoothie Bowl
How to make Arugula Quinoa Smoothie Bowl
Fresh Arugula is blended with unsweetened almond and banana.
Then, fold in cooked red quinoa to make this smoothie bowl wholesome and filling.
Lastly, top it with the seeds, fruits and nuts.
This is divine and so refreshing with required fiber, protein, calcium and it’s a complete health food.
I usually prefer green smoothie for my morning meal. Hence, I am glad to discover that Arugula need not be used only in salads but can be blended in smoothies. Whether its salad or smoothie Arugula is great health-wise and taste-wise.
Generally we blend Smoothie bowls with very little liquid to make it thick enough to spoon out from the bowl. However, this smoothie bowl has medium liquid consistency because I personally prefer it on a lighter side.
You may make it thicker by just reducing the quantity of almond milk to half of its mentioned measurement and enjoy this healthy and wholesome morning meal.
So get started with this smoothie bowl. I guarantee its going to make you happy. Also, you will make right choices of food the entire day once you start your day with it.
Arugula Quinoa Smoothie Bowl
For the smoothie
- 3/4 cup baby arugula
- 1 large banana
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup cooked red quinoa
- In a blender combine arugula, banana and almond milk and blend smooth (about1-2 minutes).
- Pour the smoothie in a bowl and mix in red quinoa with a spoon.
- Add the toppings as per your desired order and enjoy immediately.
- 2 small bananas can be used if you don’t have large banana.
- Make sure your peaches are sweet and ripe or else you can add apples or plums instead of peaches.
- Regular quinoa can also be used instead of red quinoa if desired.
- For thicker smoothie blend baby arugula with ½ cup unsweetened almond milk instead of 1 cup unsweetened almond milk.