Apple Buckwheat Chocolate Chip Cookies are tender, moist and packed with a variety of nutritious flavors. These cookies made out of fresh and juicy apples, whole grain buckwheat flour and some vegan chocolate chips. I bet you have never eaten cookies like these before. These cookies are absolutely guilt free and kids’ friendly too.
Buckwheat flour is a healthy vegan whole grain and works wonderfully in this delectable sweet treat.
These cookies are simple and easy to bake. It’s a perfect fall treat when apples are its peak.
I have been eating apples like crazy. These red juicy apples are one of my favorite fall fruit.
Oh my goodness, I love when the juice drips all over my hands up to the elbow in just one big bite. The moisture content not only quenches my thirst but also satisfies my sweet cravings providing complete refreshment to my hungry tummy.
This season always makes me think of warm, fresh baked desserts made out of healthy ingredients.
How to make Apple Buckwheat Chocolate Chip Cookies
In my first step I simmered fresh chopped apples in maple syrup along with vanilla extract.
Thereafter, I blended it. (Mind it…. it’s not apple sauce).
Afterwards, in a large mixing bowl, I combined the dry ingredients and mixed very well. I used soaked flax meal as egg replacement which works beautifully in these cookies.
Lastly, I folded in some vegan chocolate chips.
Then, with the help of ice- cream scoop I placed the round shaped cookie batter on the prepared cookie sheet.
Thereafter, I flattened them slightly and placed it in the pre – heated oven for 20 minutes. That’s it….smelled appetizing and outstanding.
It’s one of the easiest cookies I have baked so far….what do you think?
I loved the texture of buckwheat flour. Even though I used it for the first time but I think I handled it very well. I am happy to announce that I baked these fall goodies perfectly in my first attempt. Yashvi loved these cookies for her lunch in school. Well, these cookies are nut free. So you can imagine my excitement to pack homemade cookies for her school lunch 🙂
All in all, I was happy to come out as a winner 🙂 Apple Buckwheat Chocolate Chip Cookies are one of our favorite baked cookies.
These cookies melt in mouth easily leaving the delicious flavor of apples and chocolate linger around in your taste buds forever. YUM!
Apple Buckwheat Chocolate Chip Cookies
- In a frying pan combine apples, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Cook in a medium flame stirring at intervals until apples are soft. Turn off the flame and let it cool down.
- In a small bowl combine flax meal and water. Stir and let it soak until fluffy. (about 5-10 minutes).
- Preheat oven at 400 degree Fahrenheit and prepare a cookie sheet with a parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl combine buckwheat flour, baking powder and salt. Mix very well until no lumps are left.
- In a blender spoon the cooked apples along with the syrup and blend it smooth.
- Combine the blended apples into the soaked flax meal and stir nicely until well mixed.
- Fold in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and whip with a spoon until the batter is light and fluffy but thick.
- Lastly, fold in chocolate chips. With the help of a cookie scoop/ice cream scoop place round shaped cookies on the cookie sheet. Place the cookie sheet in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Take out the cookie sheet and let the cookies cool down completely.
- Make sure to use red delicious apples that absolutely sweet in taste. Sour apples will make the cookies sour.
- I used Bob’s Red Mill dark colored buckwheat flour for this recipe.
- These cookies are soft and chewy and grainy too because of the flax meal.