Maple Glazed Hazelnut Chia Snack is truly exquisite and an awesome crowd pleaser. It’s a great back to school snack. This healthy snack is a delicious crunch to just munch on it in those odd hours of the day.
I am generally fond of snacking on nuts and especially if it’s nicely roasted with some exotic flavors. It gives me a sense of satisfaction and extreme pleasure.
Also, I am always on a lookout for some different nuts and this time I got hold onto some raw hazelnuts.
Thereon, my recipe was created in my mind and I eagerly started jotting down my idea on a piece of paper while I was still in the grocery store 🙂 .
Maple Glazed Hazelnut Chia Snack is definitely a winner and absolutely divine. Its luscious flavors and delectable aroma still lingers in my taste buds and thoughts.
Even though I have made couple of more batches for my relatives on a high demand I still can’t get enough of this deliciousness.
It is to note that it has some amount of maple syrup. However, it adds to its subtle sweet flavor and the bakery aroma.
I would highly recommend to stick to the mentioned servings so as to not go overboard with calories.
For us, we totally failed to limit to our serving sizes but it was absolutely worth it. We experienced immense satisfaction and happiness after munching on this crunchy snack.
Ingredients for Maple Glazed Hazelnut Chia Snack
Pinch of salt
Easy steps to make Maple Glazed Hazelnut Chia Snack
For this, I heated some pure maple syrup (100% pure) and to add a shine I added little olive oil. You can make this without oil as well if desired.
Thereafter, I tossed in raw unsalted hazelnuts and let it cook for a while. My entire kitchen smelled delicious.
Lastly, I folded in some super food chia seeds and a pinch of salt to balance the sweetness.
Afterwards, I crushed hazelnuts with a pestle roughly before they cooled down.
Then immediately, I spread this snack as a thick layer on a cookie sheet and let it rest in the freezer for 15 minutes or until completely cooled.
Hungrily and excitedly, we all waited for the last finishing touch. Just before serving I roughly chopped them into crumbly cluster and we all enjoyed this snack thoroughly directly from the cookie sheet.
I am sure by now you all must be drooling. So what are you waiting for? Grab some hazelnuts and quickly make this snack.
Added bonus…………Maple Glazed Hazelnut Chia Snack stays good for couple of weeks in an air tight glass container at the room temperature………Hooray!
I bet you can’t stop eating it all until the jar is empty. My family went crazy for this snack and finished the entire jar in a whoooshhh.
Maple Glazed Hazelnut Chia Snack
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups raw unsalted hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- Pinch of salt
- In a pan bring maple syrup to a boil and add olive oil to it.
- Stir quickly and immediately add hazelnuts. Let it cook on high for couple of minutes or until you start getting the aroma.
- Fold in chia seeds and salt.
- Cook again on a low flame for 2-3 minutes (Let it be liquidy).
- Turn off the flame. With the help of pestle crush hazelnuts roughly in the pan itself. (Crush quickly before cooling down).
- Now, spread a thick layer of glazed hazelnuts on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. Try to place all the nuts together. Place the cookie sheet in the freezer for about 15 minutes or until completely cooled.
- Take out the cookie sheet and roughly chop the layer so as to get a rough cluster of the snack. It’s ok if the nuts crumble and leave their shape. Enjoy!
- Feel free to make this oil free if desired. In this case do not add olive oil in the boiling maple syrup.
- This recipe yields about 2 1/2 cups of snack. It stays good for couple of weeks in an air tight glass container at the room temperature.