This Vegan Chopped Salad with Chickpea Sour Cream Dressing is a sumptuous way to include protein in your diet. Its made with pantry staples. Its nutritious, healthy and satisfying at the same time.
I am excited to find out this new idea of a chickpea dressing. However, it’s not a hummus.
Since the weather is warmer we tend to desire for light and cool food and so salads occupies the top most items on the menu.
My idea of a salad is a wholesome and complete meal. A combination of good carbohydrates, protein, good fats and loaded with vitamins and minerals is what I am always desire for my salads.
Even though there isn’t significant carbohydrate in this salad but it is definitely a complete meal.
I prefer salads for my lunch when the sun is at its peak. The cool and fresh crunch of lettuce along with sweet and juicy cherry tomatoes feels perfect on my taste buds.
With some more added salad ingredients I am absolutely happy with slightly drizzled homemade dressing. Therefore, chickpea sour cream dressing is the hero of my salad.
How to make Chickpea Sour Cream Dressing
Firstly, I combined all the dressing ingredients in a blender.
Secondly, I blended it smooth until it was creamy and thick.
Then, I poured it in a glass container and kept it aside.
How to assemble Vegan Chopped Salad with Chickpea Sour Cream Dressing
- Firstly, in a salad bowl, I combined all the chopped salad ingredients.
- Secondly, I drizzled the dressing over the chopped salad.
- Lastly, I squeezed few drops of lemon juice.
- Then, we all enjoyed it heartily.
- This dressing serves well as a sandwich spread also.
- I like to make this dressing in a bigger quantity and store it in the refrigerator and use it as and when required. This way I am always ready with the dressing or a dip.
- You may use store bought sour cream or my homemade vegan sour cream .
With minimum ingredients and in just few minutes a delicious and nourishing meal is ready.
Enjoy it as a lunch or a dinner this salad is definitely desirable. It is a great lunch box food item as well.
Some boiled pasta goes very well in this salad and feel free to add some spinach as well.
You may also like:
Chickpeas and Mini Sweet Peppers Salad
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram.
Vegan Chopped Salad with Chickpea Sour Cream Dressing
For the dressing
- 1 cup boiled chickpeas (drained)
- 1 1/2 cups aquafaba (chickpea water)
- 1 tbsp vegan sour cream
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp crushed chili flakes
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt as per taste
for the salad
- 3 cups chopped lettuce
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced/squared radish
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- In a blender combine all the ingredients of the dressing and blend it smooth.
- Now, assemble all the salad ingredients in a salad bowl and toss in the dressing.
- Adjust salt, chili flakes and lemon juice according to taste and enjoy.
- You can use any salad ingredients of your choice. Steamed broccoli also goes well in this salad.
- Feel free to add some boiled pasta to make it a wholesome meal.
- Roasted Brussels sprouts also tastes good in this salad.
- This salad dressing can be made ahead of time and refrigerated in a glass container for 4-5 days.
- I have the link to my homemade vegan sour cream in the recipe. However, you may use store bough sour cream if desired.
Sarah Newman says
Wow, I’ve never thought of using chickpeas and aquafaba to make a chopped salas dressing! Love this creativity and freshness.
Thank you Sarah. It really is delicious.
Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine says
What a fantastic dressing! Such a great hearty salad 🙂
What an amazing idea to put chickpeas in a dressing, you have inspired me to try this out!
Thank you Jasmine. Hope you like it.
That dressing sounds divine!! I think I would drizzle on many things – even roasted veggies and buddha bowls! Perfect for summer!
Great idea. I do the same.
This looks so good and healthy! And that dressing sounds delicious!
Thank you Jordan.