This Simple Cucumber Salad is creamy and refreshing along with being satisfying. It’s made with simple ingredients and pairs well as a side dish with almost everything.
I love salads especially if they are quick fix. Whenever I am running short of time this recipe is always on the top of my list. It is a perfect lunch for sunny afternoons.
Its quite regular in my house. Whenever I ma running out of ideas I simple fix this salad and serve it as a side dish. The best part is that its desirable all year round.
However, in summer it genuinely refreshes and plays a satisfying role at dinner.
Make sure to pick the right cucumber while shopping. They should be green and chunky. If by any change they turn out bitter simply cut a small round from the top and rub against the whole cucumber. You will see a white discharge. Wash it and chop the cucumber. It wont taste bitter anymore.
Ingredients for Simple Cucumber Salad
Vegan plain yogurt
Vegan cheddar cheese
Crushed black pepper
How to make Simple Cucumber Salad
- Firstly mix the dressing in a mixing bowl.
- Secondly, toss in cucumber pieces.
- Lastly, garnish with more cheese and serve.
- This salad tastes best when served immediately.
- it can be served cold or at room temperature.
- Cashew yogurt plain) tastes best in this recipe.
- Refrigerate the leftovers in a glass container for 2-3 days.
- Cocktail cucumbers can also be used in this recipe.
My other popular salad recipe are:
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram with your cooked food photo.
Simple Cucumber Salad
- 1/4 cup plain vegan yogurt (preferably cashew yogurt)
- 1/4 cup vegan cheddar cheese (shredded style)
- 1 tsp crushed black pepper
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tsp dried dill herbs
- 1 whole cucumber (peeled and chopped)
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the ingredients (except cucumber). Whip it well and do a taste test. Feel free to add more lemon juice if you like a strong tang and adjust salt.
- Just before serving toss in cucumber.
- Garnish it with more cheddar cheese if desired and enjoy!