This thick and rich Vegan Caesar Dressing is absolutely oil free and nut free. It has a mild sweetness along with being salty and has a perfect tang to its taste.
It’s easy to blend and quick to make. I like the fact that its very nutritious and yet low in calories and low in carbohydrate.
Ingredients for Vegan Caesar Dressing
Capers in salted brine
Crushed black pepper
Nutritional yeast flakes
How to make Vegan Caesar Dressing
- Firstly, I boiled some water and then let sunflower seeds rest in it for 2 minutes. Later I drained it.
- Secondly, I combined all the ingredients in a blender and blended it smooth.
- Lastly, I spooned out the vegan Caesar dressing in a glass jar and tossed some portion of it in my salad.
- We all heartily enjoyed the crunch of the salad mixed in this delicious Caesar dressing.
- Make sure to use raw sunflower seeds which is unroasted and unsalted.
- Its best to let sunflower seeds rest in boiling water for only 2 minutes. This process makes it easier to blend in a blender and get a creamy effect on the dressing.
- For the best results, blend this dressing with 1 cup plant milk. Spoon it out in a bowl and then whip in the rest 2 tbsp milk. This process gives it an extra creamy texture.
Frequently asked questions:
How long do they last?
This Caesar dressing lasts for about 3 weeks in the refrigerator in an air tight glass container.
Is it allergy friendly?
I have made it nut free so as to make it friendly to most of the diets. I have also made it oil free to keep the nutritional values in check and make this dressing lighter.
What are the benefits of sunflower seeds?
Its high in B complex vitamins and are a good source of magnesium, iron and other vitamins. However, everything is good in a moderation which is important for a balanced diet.
You may also like:
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram because we would love to see what you cooked.
Vegan Caesar Dressing
- Boil water in a sauce pan (about 2 ½ cups) and add sunflower seeds to it for 1 minute. Turn off the flame and let it stand for another 1 minute. Drain and keep it aside.
- Now, add all the ingredients in a blender and blend it until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon it out in a glass jar and enjoy.
- This dressing lasts for about 3 weeks in an air tight glass container in the refrigerator.
- Unroasted and unsalted sunflower seeds work best for this recipe. However, you may use the roasted one as well but make sure its unsalted.
- For best results – blend this dressing with 1 cup unsweetened almond milk. Spoon it out in a bowl and then whip in the rest 2 tbsp almond milk. This gives the creamier texture to this dressing.
- Oat milk or hemp seed milk works very well in this recipe. If you are not nut allergic you may use plain almond milk as well.
- This recipe makes about 2 cups and the serving size is ¼ cup per person.