This Persimmons Kale Avocado Soup is creamy, thick and rich in taste. It’s vegan, gluten free and paleo so it fits into most diet requirements. It’s low in calories and healthy with satisfying flavors.
Persimmons fruit and Kale green leaves simmered together in a vegetable stock with a hint of garlic and creamed with avocado. Mmm!
The delicious aroma still lingers around my nose. I think I want to make another batch of Persimmons Kale Avocado Soup so that I can indulge in this warm aromatic soup in this cold rainy Seattle winter. 🙂
Ingredients for Persimmons kale Avocado Soup
How to make Persimmons Kale Avocado Soup
- Firstly, I chopped persimmons and kept it aside.
- Secondly, I heated oil in a pan and sauteed garlic and onions.
- Then, I sauteed persimmons until it was soft and tossed in kale.
- Next, I poured in vegetable stock along with the seasonings.
- Afterwards, I blended it smooth and added mashed avocados just before serving.
Since the transition of fall to winters has started I wanted to take advantage of seasonal produce of both the seasons. I love the flavor and pudding texture of Persimmons and I wanted to experiment this wonderful rare fruit in a cooked form. At the same time I wanted to fill myself with healthy green soup because as said we should eat 5 servings of veggies and soup is the best option in winters.
YAY! Another healthy and savory soup recipe added to my list of healthy diet.
- Pair it with salty crackers
- This soup tastes best when served immediately.
- Do not cook avocado. Simply mash and mix. It will make this soup creamy and flavorful.
- If you plan to store the leftovers then microwave it enough to only bring it in room temperature so that avocado does not lose its flavor.
My other avocado recipes are:
My other Persimmon recipes are:
My other popular SOUP recipes are:
If you get chance to cook this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below and also rate this recipe. You may also tag @kiipfit on Instagram and I will definitely shout it out there.
Persimmons kale Avocado Soup
- 2 whole persimmons
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups baby kale
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1/4 tsp salt or as per taste
- 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 whole avocado (peeled and deseeded)
- Roughly chop the persimmons and keep it aside (let the skin be on)
- In a nonstick sauce pan heat oil over medium flame.
- Add garlic and onions and saute for 1 minute.
- Add persimmons and saute again for 2 minutes.
- Add kale and cook for 1 minute or till the point kale starts getting soft.
- Add vegetable stock, mix, cover and boil for 3-4 minutes. Turn off the flame and let it cool for a while. Then blend it smooth in a blender or with immersion blender.
- Heat the soup again in the same pan. Season it with salt, pepper and oregano. Mix well. let it cook for 2-3 minutes on medium flame. Turn off the flame.
- In the meantime, mash avocado in a mixing bowl.
- Just before serving the hot soup mix in mashed avocado. Stir and garnish with more sliced persimmons if desired. Pair it with salty crackers.