No Bake Matcha Bars are a great energy booster and a medley of delicious flavors. These are made with chewy almond base with superfoods and layered with cashew base filling and chocolate.
These matcha protein bars are nutritious on the go snack with a strong green tea flavor.
Recently, I have been experimenting quite a bit with matcha powder like iced matcha latte and matcha smoothie. These were delicious and hydrating and gave an instant energy.
This time I decided to make vegan protein bar out of it and I must say we all enjoyed every bit of it.
Every time I tested this recipe my relatives appreciated these bars immensely.
Since, I wanted something for all year round and hassle free so I came up with these no bake vegan protein bars.
My other protein/energy bars that you may like:
No Bake Orange Almond Bars
Banana Hazelnut Protein Bars
No Bake Coffee Oat Energy Bars
Chocolate Truffle Energy Bites
Vegan Lemon Bars
No Bake Almond Butter Flax Bars
However, today I want share these matcha bars recipe with you.
Ingredients you will need:
For the crust
Dairy free milk
Dairy free milk
I have used these easily available ingredients which you may buy from any local grocery store. However, I have provided links to few of them here for your convenience.
If you plan to buy from these affiliate links then I get a small commission which in turn encourages me to bring in more delicious recipe for you all.
- Almond flour – I used it as the base to make it nutritious and add healthy fats to this recipe.
- Chia seeds – its high in protein and fiber along with being a superfood. It adds nutrition and crunch to its crust.
- Hempseeds – this adds lot of protein to this recipe as it’s a vegan superfood.
- Flaxmeal – this adds fiber and omega3 along with lots of taste and chewiness to its crust.
- Cashew nuts – it’s a good source of protein and makes a creamy base for the matcha filling.
- Matcha powder – it’s a Japanese green tea in a powdered form loaded with antioxidants. It’s a great energy booster and has caffein content in it.
- Goji berries – it’s a superfood that supports healthy skin and stabilizes blood sugar. It also provides immune support system along with protecting eyes and preventing liver damage. Overall, it’s a nutritious dried berries which has a mild tangy and sweet flavor to it as well as it is chewy.
Now that you have read through the details and benefits of all the main ingredients, I insist you to go through the steps in detail and get started with this recipe.
I am sure you will enjoy it as much as we did. Moreover, it has quite a bit shelf life which means you can make in bulk and refrigerate.
How to make Matcha Bars
Step1: How to make a crust
I combined all the crust ingredients in a mixing bowl and made a dough out of it. I made sure that the dough was sticking to each other.
Step2: How to make the filling
I combined all the filling ingredients (except chocolate chips) in a blender and blended it smooth. Then, I kept it aside.
Step3: How to assemble
- Firstly, I placed a parchment paper in an 8-inch square dish and placed the crust dough in it. Then, I shaped it as per the size of the dish by pressing evenly with my palms.
- Secondly, Secondly, I covered it with matcha filling as a second layer. Then, I kept it aside in the freezer.
- In the meanwhile, I melted chocolate chips in a microwave.
- Then, I took out the dish from the freezer and covered it with the melted chocolate.
- Thereafter, I topped it with goji berries and kept it flat in a freezer for 1 hour.
You may refrigerate it for 3 hours or overnight.
Then, when I was ready, I took out the parchment paper along with the recipe and placed it on a flat surface.
Afterwards, I dipped my knife in a hot water and wiped it with a tissue and immediately cut a slice. I repeated this process for the rest of the bars.
I and my parents enjoyed them so much. These gave us energy at the odd hours and we were rejuvenated to deal with my toddler for the rest of the day.
Therefore, I decided to click few images and share it here with you all.
These vegan matcha bars are so good that it will make you a fan for matcha green tea powder.
- At every step, it is important to keep the dish in the freezer for it to set quickly and firmly.
- It is important to dip the knife in a hot water since the melted chocolate is oil free. This way the chocolate layer wont crack too much.
- Make sure to put parchment paper in your dish to make it easy for yourself to it out and slice.
- While storing do not stack these bars. Its better if you place each individual slice by itself in a container.
You may refrigerate these in an air tight glass container for about 2 weeks. You may also freeze it for about 1 month but place each individual slice in a parchment paper so that it can easily be handled. Let it defrost in the fridge for an hour before consuming or on the kitchen counter for 10-15 minutes or until its ready to be eaten.
Yes, it is made with healthy ingredients and most of it is superfoods. These are oil free and no bake and also sugar free at the same time. Its high in protein and rich in fiber along with healthy fats.
It has a crunchy crust with nutty flavor along with a strong green tea taste in the middle. It finishes up with the taste of chocolate and chewy goji berries which makes it nicely tangy and sweet.
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments along with a 5-star rating. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram with your recipe remake images because we would love to see what you cooked.
You may also checkout my cookbooks for everyday comforting vegan recipes.
for the crust
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 tbsp. hempseeds
- 1/4 cup flaxmeal
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. dairy free milk
for the filling
- 3/4 cup raw cashew nuts (soaked in warm water and drained)
- 1 tbsp. matcha powder
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. dairy free milk
- 1/4 cup dairy free mini chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp. goji berries
- In a mixing bowl combine all the crust ingredients and mix it into a sticky dough. (Mixing with hands is recommended).
- Place a parchment paper in an 8-inch square dish or 6*8-inch dish (the thickness of the bars will depend on the size of your dish). Place the dough in it. Press and shape it as per the dish with your fingers making sure they do not break. Place it in the freezer.
- In the meanwhile, combine cashew nuts, matcha powder, maple syrup, dairy free milk in a blender and blend it smooth.
- Take the dish out of the freezer and top it with bended matcha mixture as the second layer. spread it evenly with a flat spatula to cover the entire dish. Place it in the freezer again.
- Now, in a microwavable bowl combine chocolate chips and microwave for about 40 seconds – 1 minute until it melts. Stir it nicely with a spoon. Then, take out the dish from the freezer again and add the chocolate layer to it spreading it evenly with a spatula.
- Lastly, top it with goji berries and place it in the freezer for 1 hour or in the fridge for 3 hours – overnight.
- When ready, take it out of the freezer. Place the dish on a flat counter and pull out the parchment paper along with the settled bars. Place it on a cutting board. Now, dip your knife in hot water and quickly wipe it dry. Before the knife cools down slice it. Again, dip your knife in hot water and quickly wipe it. Slice immediately before the knife cools down. Follow this step for the rest of the bars and enjoy!
- After shaping the crust in the dish place it in freezer while you blend matcha filling. Then again while you melt chocolate chips, keep the dish in the freezer so that the filling settles before laying with melted chocolate.
- While slicing the bars the chocolate might crack so if you want cleaner slices then make sure to use sharp hot knife. If you are not so fussy then just go ahead and slice.
- Refrigerate these bars in an air tight container for 2 weeks or freeze it for a month. Defrost it in the fridge or at room temperature until soft and ready to eat.
- While storing do not stack these bars in the container. They should be placed individually.
- If storing in the freezer then place each slice on a parchment paper for easy handling.
Leave a Reply