YUM! Cheesy Green Peas! I drool with the thought of cheese. I am always looking for opportunities to add cheese into my diet in some form. I can eat any amount of cheese and any variety of it. Cheese is also a healthy food since it is a good source of calcium but it is supposed to be eaten in the right quantity and I always forget my quantity when I see cheese on the table 🙂 . With that said I have been trying to create a healthy snack/appetizer where I could include a good amount of cheese and yet add some green veggies and some extra protein to it. So that, with great taste, great nutrition can be included. Hence, I came up with this recipe Cheesy Green Peas.
When I thought about this recipe my prime focus was cheese but since I follow a healthy diet with lots of nutrition I decided to add green peas to include some green veggie into this recipe. I included some semolina flour as well to add to the protein content of the recipe. Semolina is a good source of fiber and B-complex vitamins which in turn supports your metabolism and ensures that food is converted into usable energy. Semolina is also a good source of iron and hence we should include semolina into our diet.
In India we have been including semolina into our diet since ages and in various forms. I wanted to make my family aware of this ingredient because I am setting a healthy diet example for my little one. This snack is very easy to make and I am sure you won’t be able to stop with just one bite.
- Preheat oven to 375 degree Fahrenheit. Prepare the cookie sheet with a parchment paper or by greasing it with oil/cooking spray.
- Coarsely grind the green peas in the grinder. Take it out into a bowl and mix in all the ingredients.
- Mix all the ingredients very well and then start forming balls with your palms.
- Press the balls into a chop/cutlet shape between your palms and place them on the cooking sheets with ¼ to ½ spaces between each bite.
- Bake the green peas and semolina bites for 20 minutes. Take them out of the oven flip to the other side and bake again for 20 minutes or until slightly golden brown in color at the top of the bites.
Note: Rosemary garlic blend spice gives this recipe a different and unique flavor so I would recommend you to use the spice since it is commonly available in any store. Still if you want to substitute it then use garlic, crushed pepper and rosemary separately.
I prefer Italian bread crumbs due to its amazing flavor but any bread crumbs can be used.
I prefer using dry roasted cumin powder which I make it at home because it gives a different aroma and flavor. You can use any cumin powder available in the store.
The above recipe yield 8-9 pieces and serving size is 2 pieces each person.