This healthy and vegan Cashew Balsamic Quinoa Salad is a hearty meal. Its packed with a variety of flavors and is protein rich along with being high in fiber.
I love Quinoa in almost everything and if it’s in salad form I can hardly resist. Once you get the hang of the taste of quinoa you would want to substitute almost all types of carbohydrate with it.
Surprisingly, even Yashvi prefers quinoa over rice so we make a happy duo gorging on quinoa while sharing from the same plate 🙂
However, this salad is still our favorite. Its fast, easy and filling at the same time.
My other salad recipes that you may like:
Since my family loves this salad especially my daughter, I am here to share this quinoa salad recipe with balsamic dressing.
Ingredients you will need:
For the dressing
- Cashew nuts
- Balsamic vinegar
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
For the salad
- Cooked quinoa
- Red bell pepper
I have used these easily available ingredients which you may buy from any local grocery store. However, I have provided links to few of them here for your convenience.
If you plan to buy from these affiliate links then I get a small commission which in turn encourages me to bring in more delicious recipes for you all.
Cashew – this provides healthy fats and protein here along with a creamy texture.
Balsamic vinegar – its an Italian vinegar which is dark in color with intense flavors. It is different from any other vinegar so make sure to use the right one for this cashew balsamic dressing.
Quinoa – its a complete protein nutritious grain. Its a great substitute for rice and is super versatile. I have used regular yellow quinoa in this recipe but you may use red or tri colored ones too.
After going through the ingredients in details, now, all you have to do it to go the steps in detail. Thereafter, I insists you quickly blend the dressing and enjoy this quinoa salad for your lunch or dinner.
How to make Cashew Balsamic Quinoa Salad
Firstly, in a blender, I combined all the dressing ingredients and blended it absolutely smooth. Then, I kept it aside.
Secondly, in a salad bowl, I combined all the salad ingredients.
Thereafter, I tossed in the dressing nicely.
Lastly, I served it immdediatly.
This delicious salad was very welcoming and my family loved every bit of it.
Now, I usually keep the balsamic dressing in my refrigerator and quickly toss this salad on most of the weekdays.
My desire to make this salad absolutely delicious and perfect in my first attempt was quite challenging, but I love challenges because cooking is my passion and I keep challenging myself in this field. It’s my way to keep myself boosted and creative 🙂
You may blend the dressing ahead of time and refrigerate for about 2 week. leftover cooked quinoa also works great here or simply cook a big batch and refrigerate for 2 weeks. When ready simply toss all the ingredients and enjoy.
Its very healthy because the dressing loaded with healthy fats. The salad is packed with balanced nutrition with important macronutrients like fats, protein, carbohydrate and fiber.
This salad is the most easiest one because it tastes equally good as a cold salad, warm or at room temperature.
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this cashew balsamic quinoa salad recipe then please leave a feedback along with 5 star rating in the comments.
You may also tag @kiipfit on Instagram with your recipe image because we love to see your remakes of our recipe.
Cashew Balsamic Quinoa Salad
for the dressing
for the salad
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup sliced red onions
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced red pepper
- In a blender combine all the dressing ingredients except salt and blend into a creamy smooth dressing. Keep it aside.
- In a salad bowl combine all the salad ingredients.
- Fold in the dressing and toss it well.
- Garnish with more raw cashew nuts and serve immediately.
- Cashew nuts bring a mild sweetness to the dressing but feel free to add pinch of brown sugar if the dressing is too tangy for your palate.
- When blending the dressing feel free to add about 1-2 tbsp. of water to ease out the blending process. However, do not exceed the water content since it is suppose to be thick in consistency.
- If not using the dressing immediately, it may thicken a little. Just before tossing it into the salad add few drops of water to the dressing and whip it with a spoon and then toss it in the salad. You can add few drops on the fresh blended dressing too if desired. (Don’t add too much water. The consistency should be thick, creamy and smooth).
- This dressing can be refrigerated for about 2 weeks in an air tight glass container.