Persimmons Tofu Parfait is a no yogurt parfait. It is high in protein and a healthier way to satisfy your sweet tooth. It has a cake like taste and a creamy texture which makes it even more desirable.
It is a satisfying dessert and a crowd pleaser. This is a kid friendly as parfait as well.
I have made it in simple steps and using healthy ingredients.
Ingredients for Persimmons Tofu Parfait
Unsweetened cocoa powder
This recipe includes silken tofu ad is delicious. You can satisfy your sweet tooth and yet maintain healthy weight along with including a good combination of protein, fiber and lots of flavor.
Persimmons is yellow – orange to dark orange in color and can be eaten with or without the skin in a raw form. It’s a fruit with high fiber content.
How to make this Persimmons Tofu Parfait
- Firstly, I made a dough out of dates, vanilla and cocoa powder in the food processor. Then, I kept it aside.
- Secondly, in the same food processor I made tofu mixture. Then, I kept it aside also.
- Thereafter, I started layering in the serving glass.
- Then, I added the first layer of date mix. Then, I topped it with another layer of tofu mixture. Then, again I topped it with nuts and goji berries.
- Subsequently, I followed the same process with the rest of the recipe.
- Afterwards, I topped it with goji berries and let it rest in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Lastly, took it out and enjoyed!
You may also like:
Healthy Breakfast Vegan Yogurt Parfait
Strawberry Chia Amaranth Parfait
Blueberry Semolina Porridge Parfait
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram.
Persimmons Tofu Parfait
- 1 cup pitted dates (about 12 pieces)
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp flax oil/walnut oil
- 2 whole persimmons (skin and seeds removed)
- 1/2 of 12 oz pack of silken tofu
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3/8 cups crushed raw pecans
- 1 tbsp goji berries
- In the food processor, combine the dates, cocoa powder,1 tsp vanilla extract and flax/walnut oil and pulse until a dough forms. Keep it aside.
- In a blender or the same food processor, combine tofu, persimmons, remaining 1 tsp vanilla extract and maple syrup and puree until smooth. Keep it aside.
- In dessert glass start the layering with the date mix first. Take ¼ portion of the dates mix and press between palms until flat. Put the first layer and shape it according to the glass.
- Add another layer of ½ of the pecans mentioned in the ingredients. Again ¼ portion of the dates mix by pressing between palms. Make sure to press the dates mix in the glass properly so that the parfait does not overflow. Add a layer with 1/2 tbsp of the goji berries.
- Lastly, pour the tofu puree on the top layer and garnish with more pecans and goji berries.
- Repeat the whole process with another dessert glass.
- Put it in the freezer for 15 minutes and serve chilled.
- If there is still time to serve then shift it from freezer to the fridge after 15 minutes so that this parfait does not freeze.
- 4 standard six serving parfait glasses are required for this dessert or one big pudding bowl can be used for this dessert.
Leave a Reply