Calling out all Pasta lovers…..you are going to love this Creamy Coconut Pasta. It’s outstanding and absolutely desirable. It’s not Thai flavored but it tastes definitely out of this word. With only 9 ingredients and 20 minutes my weeknights are now super delicious.
This is perfect to load up on carbohydrate along with some protein and lots of nutrition. However, I have used only good carbohydrates.
Finally, I have discovered oil free pasta recipe which I can make and yet flavorful.
I got a chance to try it on my mom and she loved it. Well, she loved it genuinely and not because I am her daughter or she is my mom. She herself is a fantastic cook and my biggest critic. So if she didn’t like something she tells me on my face and that too pretty straight forward.
Therefore, I can confidently share this pasta recipe with you all because I have her approval.
Ingredients for Creamy Coconut Pasta
Unsweetened coconut milk
Crushed chili flakes
Whole grain pasta
Easy steps for Creamy Coconut Pasta
For this, I heated some unsweetened coconut milk (tetra pack) and folded in some coconut flour. Yes, you heard it right this pasta sauce is made from coconut flour.
Thereafter, I added nutritional yeast which enhanced the cheesy flavor of this pasta dish.
Later, I tossed in some turmeric powder for the color as well as for the nutritional value.
Afterwards, I seasoned this pasta sauce with some herbs and salt.
At this time I fell in love with the aroma and at that instant I knew that this pasta is going to be a winner.
Lastly, I folded in boiled whole grain pasta (preferably, fusilli) and served it warm. Voila!!!!
I personally liked it with few drops of lemon juice on it and the rest of the family liked it as is.
The thick creamy sauce with the addition of anti-inflammatory turmeric is definitely a must try.
I am sure you have never tried anything like this before. Also, once you eat it you will eat it over and over and again.
Creamy Coconut Pasta
- Heat a saucepan and add coconut milk to it.
- Fold in coconut flour and keep stirring until no lumps are formed.
- Let it cook for couple of minutes in a low flame.
- Add nutritional yeast and turmeric powder. Stir well and cook again for 1 minute.
- Add oregano, chili flakes and stir again. Cook for 5 minutes on medium – low flame making sure that the milk does not cuddle. Keep stirring at intervals.
- Lastly, toss in pasta, sugar and salt. Mix well.
- Let it cook covered on a low flame for 3-4 minutes. Turn off the flame and let it stand covered for couple of minutes so that the sauce thickens.
- Serve warm with your choice fresh herb as garnish.
- Feel free to pour few drops of lemon juice over this pasta when serving, to give it an extra punch.