This Quick Spinach Sauce Bread is made with simple pantry staples. It is a great way to hide veggies and yet provide nutrition to your family. Its vegan, yeast free and easy to bake.
Finally the moment has arrived where I am sharing this wonderful quick bread recipe.
The word quick is perfectly used for this recipe because the baking time for this creamy, light, fluffy and flavorful bread is only 15 minutes.
Isn’t it amazing when you can serve fresh homemade healthy bread in less than 30 minutes?
Even though this Quick Spinach Sauce Bread gets ready from scratch in only 25 minutes, its texture, taste and moistness is retained. It can be eaten directly out of the oven or after couple of days from the fridge. Just toast it and spread some almond butter or cheese.
Since it is free from preservatives this bread needs to be preserved in an air tight container in the refrigerator for a week.
I prefer cutting into desired slices before placing them in the fridge for easy consumption.
We’ve been a bit bread overload for past few weeks. I have been trying to bake this bread in less than 30 minutes. Also I wanted to make it vegan and dairy free at the same time.
Made few changes here and there in the process and finally came up with this recipe.
How to make Quick Spinach Sauce Bread
- With the combination of almond flour and almond milk, I flavored with some salt and pepper. So you won’t miss the butter or oil. Then, by adding spinach its nutrition value enhanced.
- I used spelt flour to bind this bread and added flax meal to boost omega 3 content of the bread.
- I used my imagination to combine oil free healthy spinach sauce with spelt flour and baked into bread.
- Afterwards, I made it onto a dough and shaped it according to the bread pan.
- Later, I baked it for about 25 minutes.
- Once done, I let it cool completely before slicing it.
This bread is perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Make it into a sandwich, or serve it as a side with dinner or just spread some butter.
The mild raw flavor of spinach and the creamy texture of almond plus the perfect taste of spelt make this bread taste heavenly.
This has topped our bread list. It occupies a prominent position on our food table. 🙂
You may pair it with:
You may also like:
Did you make this recipe?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram.
Quick Spinach Sauce bread
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/8 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
- 4 cups spelt flour
- 2 tbsp flaxmeal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp slivered almond
- In a food processor chop the baby spinach. (You may also roughly grind it). Keep it aside.
- In a nonstick saucepan combine almond milk and almond flour and stir until the first boil.
- Add ½ tsp salt and black pepper to it and mix well. Boil this sauce for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off the flame, add chopped/ground baby spinach and mix. Let it cool to room temperature.
- In the meantime preheat oven at 425 degree Fahrenheit and prepare a 9*5 loaf pan by greasing and dusting it.
- In a mixing bowl combine spelt flour, baking powder, baking soda and the remaining salt.
- Pour the spinach sauce into the dry ingredients and mix.
- Add maple syrup and water and knead very well into dough. The dough should be soft and takes little time to absorb the liquid fully so before adding more water first make sure that all the liquid is well absorbed.
- Shape the dough according to the pan and sprinkle slivered almond. Bake in the middle rack for 15-18 min or until the tester comes out clean and the sides starts browning.
- Let it cool and cut into desired slices.