These protein rich Lentil Mustard Green Sticks are absolutely a unique combination of ingredients. These are healthy substitutes to regular bread sticks. They tastes amazing and serves excellent as snack or a side a dish.
OMG! Finally protein rich healthy vegan and gluten free snack is ready to be posted and shared.
I can’t believe that these Lentil Mustard Green Sticks could taste sooooo delicious and smell so enticing.
I must say that using mustard green leaves in this recipe was a big risk yet I went ahead. I have been adamant to include greens into my diet (My New Year resolution) if you remember from my earlier post. Love it!
I simply love this appetizer and can be served to the guests if you are playing the role of a host over the weekend.
How to make Lentil Green Mustard Sticks
- To make it an easy and quick recipe I cooked red lentils and mustard green leaves in water until soft.
- Then, I mixed all the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Thereafter, I flattened the soft dough between palms
- Later, I baked it in a preheated oven for an hour or so and served warm with delicious spicy sauce/ketchup.
This recipe has quite a good shelf life and can be refrigerated in an air tight container for almost a week. Just warm it in a toaster oven and get a crispier texture if desired.
Now healthy snacking has become so easy and I don’t wonder staring at my pantry as to what to eat.
It’s a complete healthy snack with the right combination of protein, calcium, fiber, iron, and good fats.
What are you waiting for? Bake these Lentil Mustard Greens Sticks now, enjoy your healthy diet and maintain your desired weight without sacrificing taste. 🙂
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram because we would love to see what you cooked.
Lentil Mustard Green Sticks
- In a pressure cooker or a pan combine lentil, mustard green and water and cook until lentil softens and all the water is absorbed. Turn off the flame and let it cool.
- Preheat oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit and prepare a cookie sheet with a greased liner.
- In a mixing bowl combine almond flour, cumin seeds, crushed pepper flakes, baking powder, salt and mix with a spoon properly and make sure there are no lumps.
- Now add the lentil mixture, silken tofu, maple syrup and olive oil to the same bowl and mix very well with the hands.
- When the dough starts sticking try to make smoothen the dough between your palms and start flattening from the center gently.
- The dough will be sticky and extremely soft. Gently put the dough in the center of the cookie sheet and flatten with the help of your palm by pressing in the center of the dough as evenly as possible. Also make sure to avoid breaking from the sides. You may have to use two hands to control the sides and flatten from the center at the same time.
- Flatten as much as possible but don’t overdo it. Now place the cookie sheet in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 60-65 minutes or until the tester comes out clean.
- Take out the cookie sheet and let it cool down completely before cutting into desired sliced or else it will break.
- Garnish with your choice of more herbs and serve with your favorite dip or enjoy as is.
- These sticks are not like the usual bread sticks and are slightly breakable since it is gluten free and made with natural ingredients keeping complete health in mind. These sticks definitely taste deliciously.
- Makes 20 square/rectangle pieces.
- Refrigerate the leftovers in an air tight container for about a week. Simply reheat in the oven and enjoy!