These soft and chewy cake like Peanut Butter Sweet Potato Cookies are definitely a winner this season. Its gluten free, flourless and made with only 7 ingredients. It’s addicting and you cannot stop at one cookie for sure.
Sweet potatoes have their own earthy sweet flavor and texture. It makes an awesome baby food. Well, I am dealing with a 1 year old so I still have baby food at the back of my mind. Whereas, peanut butter is a world wide favorite ingredient. Therefore, when I combined these two famous ingredients the outcome had to be simply awesome.
However, I have been working on these cookies for a while to get the right firmness in just few ingredients and minimum steps. My 7-year-old has been a great helper. She kept criticizing them at every step and finally stopped tasting until I got it absolutely right. Phew! It’s hard to impress these elementary kids.
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Sweet Potato Cookies
Mashed Sweet Potato
Crushed raw peanuts
I did not make any special trip to the grocery store because I often have all of them stocked up in my kitchen. I am sure the same must be true with you.
How to make these delicious Sweet Potato Cookies
One of the prepping steps is to boil the sweet potatoes and mash them. Then measure it to one cup.
Now, preheat oven at 350-degree Fahrenheit and prepare a cookie sheet with a well-greased parchment paper.
Then, in a mixing bowl I combined all the ingredients except (crushed peanuts).
Thereafter, I mixed them up with my hands. You may use spatula but with hands it mixes up really well. Now let it stand for 5 minutes or until it is sticky and somewhat dry.
Now, I tossed in crushed raw peanuts and mixed them nicely.
Afterwards, with the help of a cookie scoop I placed 12 cookies on the cookie sheet with equal spacing between each of them. I pressed the cookies gently with my fingers to smoothen the surface a bit.
Next, I placed the cookie sheet in the preheated oven and let it bake for 30 minutes.
Once done, turn off the oven and take out the cookie sheet. Let it cool down to room temperature before picking them. As the cookies cool down, they will easily leave the parchment paper without breaking and gets firm as well.
Now, its time to enjoy this amazingly delicious dessert.
- Greasing the parchment paper extremely well is important so that the cookies do not stick.
- 1 large sweet potato makes up to 1 cup mashed sweet potato.
- If you have leftover boiled sweet potato in the refrigerator it works well but bring it to the room temperature for a better result.
- If using bottled peanut butter make sure to drain the top oil and use only the peanut butter. We do not want a runny batter.
- You may use food processor to crush the peanuts. However, if you like crunchy texture of the cookies then just use mortar and pestle to crush the peanuts.
Frequently asked questions:
- These cookies stay fresh for 2-3 days in an air tight container at the room temperature. However, if stored in the fridge it stays good for longer time. Just microwave it for 10 seconds to bring it to the room temperature.
- These cookies are quite filling so serving size is 1 cookie per person.
- These cookies can be made in Air Fryer as well which I have mentioned in the recipe card.
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comment section below and also rate this recipe. You may also tag @kiipfit on Instagram and I will definitely shout it out there.
Peanut Butter Sweet Potato Cookies
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 large banana (mashed)
- 3/4 cup crushed raw peanuts
- Preheat oven at 350-degree Fahrenheit and
prepare a cookie sheet with a greased parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl combine all the ingredients
(except crushed peanuts). Mix it with a spatula or hands until all the ingredients
are well blended. Let it rest for 5 minutes or until it becomes sticky and
slightly dried up.
- Now, toss in crushed peanuts and roughly mix
with a spatula.
- Next, with the help of a cookie scoop place 12
round cookies on the cookie sheet at equal distance.Then, gently with fingers smoothen the sides and the top of the cookies. (do not press them hard).
- Place the cookie sheet in the oven and let it
bake for 30 minutes.
- Once done turn off the oven and let it cool down to room temperature. Once cooled these cookies will leave the parchment paper without breaking. As they cool they become firm as well.
- For Air Fryer Version – Follow until step 3. Then grease the basket of the Air Fryer. Now with the cookie scoop place the cookies properly in the basket. Turn on the Air fryer at 300 degree and bake for 20 minutes. Then, let it cool down and scoop out the cookies gently.
- These cookies stays good for 2-3 days in an air tight container at room temperature and up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
- This recipe makes up to 12 cookies and the serving size is 1 cookie per person.
- I have provided step wise images in the post above.