Peanut Butter Quinoa Flake Porridge is my favorite go to breakfast any day. It perfectly suits most types of diet and is an awesome alternative to oats. This porridge is creamy, thick, buttery and nutritious. It contains the required protein for the morning meal and keeps you satisfied for longer.
It tastes even better when topped with a dollop of extra peanut butter and shaved dark chocolate. Well, it’s drool worthy and a complete meal for all ages.
Love peanut butter quinoa flake porridge
I like the idea of porridge because it’s warm, filling, chewy, and easy to carry in a car if I am in a hurry. It’s absolutely mess free and yet scrumptious in all respect. This porridge soft, moist and easy to swallow for small kids and toddlers as well. It’s a great meal to add protein into their diet and start their mornings in a healthy way.
I like quick and easy recipes especially if it is a breakfast. Mostly, I depend on smoothies for my breakfast but I like some variations once in a while. I have cooked few recipes with quinoa flakes earlier and I definitely love it. This time I tried Peanut Butter Quinoa Flake Porridge with it. I must say I am head over heels in love with this breakfast recipe.
What toppings to pair with peanut butter quinoa flake porridge.
This porridge is incredibly simple. It requires 5 main ingredients and one pot. The toppings are of your choice but I prefer shaved chocolate and fresh strawberries. Sometimes, I add extra peanut butter if I am peanut crazy on a particular day. I am on a low sugar diet so for me I didn’t need any sweetener. However, if you are looking for a sweeter porridge drizzle some pure maple syrup over it and devour…devour….devour…..
Quinoa flakes is a must try
If you have not yet tried quinoa flakes then go for it…. because…this Peanut Butter Quinoa Flake Porridge is warm and comforting in every respect. In addition its nutrient dense along with a creamy texture.
If you try this recipe then leave a comment and rate it. I would love to hear back from you 🙂
Peanut Butter Quinoa Flake Porridge
For the porridge
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk (tetra pack)
- 2 tbsp fresh ground peanut butter
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- pinch of salt
- Fresh strawberries (sliced)
- shaved/grated dark chocolate
- pure maple syrup (optional)
- In your saucepan combine water and milk and bring it to a boil.
- Then, add peanut butter and stir until there are no lumps.
- Later, fold in quinoa flakes and salt. Then stir until slightly thick (for about 3-4 minutes).
- Lastly, turn off the flame and let it sit for 2 minutes.
- Now, spoon the cereal/porridge in the serving bowls and top it with fruits and shaved chocolate and enjoy it immediately.
- You may make this recipe a night before and refrigerate it. Just warm it up a bit before consuming it.
- This is not a sweet porridge so you may add maple syrup as sweetener if desired.
- You may add your favorite toppings on this porridge. However, extra peanut butter definitely tastes excellent in this recipe. Also, shaved/grated dark chocolate does wonder to this porridge.