These vegan and gluten free Peanut Butter Banana Amaranth Cookies are a perfect choice to satisfy sweet tooth in a nutritious way. These cookies are high in fiber and protein along with delicious flavors. If you have never tried amaranth then this is your chance to fall in love with this super food grain.
I feel cookies are the easiest to bake when it comes to desserts. I usually dread baking and literally have to make up my mind for about 4 days. However, when I decide to bake something cookies come to my mind every time. Then, I try to whip up guilt free and nutritious cookies so that I don’t have to worry about indulgence. Also, I always intend to load my cookies with proteins so that I enjoy them as my pre workout snack as well.
I am not a huge of store bought protein powder so I try to include natural protein in my recipes. This way I try to avoid the processed protein powder. It’s not like that I don’t eat processed food. Sometimes, it becomes impossible to avoid them especially in our current hectic lifestyle. However, I try to avoid it as much as possible. Therefore, I just try to find something that is naturally and in their original form.
Healthful ingredients for Peanut Butter Banana Amaranth Cookies
With only 7 ingredients I assure you that these cookies are super easy to bake and are undoubtedly healthy.
Health benefits of amaranth
It is naturally gluten free.
It is a complete protein grain. Infact amaranth has more protein than any other grains.
This grain is high in calcium and lowers the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
Amaranth is easy to digest and is completely plant based.
I am sure you will love these cookies because they are soft, chewy, has prominent taste of banana and peanut butter. Even though Amaranth flour has its own strong taste but the combination of all the ingredients make these cookies absolutely desirable.
Also, if you get a chance to bake these cookies please write a comment below the post and rate this recipe. Further, if you have tried other recipes with amaranth flour do share it with us. I would love to hear your ideas.
Peanut Butter Banana Amaranth Cookies
- 1 cup amaranth flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 large ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1/4 cup fresh ground peanut butter
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit and prepare a cookie with a greased parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl combine amaranth flour, baking powder and salt. Then, whisk it well until no lumps are left. Then, set it aside.
- In another bowl combine mashed banana, peanut butter, maple syrup and vanilla and whisk it until all the ingredients are well blended.
- Now, fold in the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well with a spatula.
- Thereafter, with the help of a cookie scoop place the round shaped cookies on the prepared cookie sheet. Do not flatten the cookies and let it take its own shape.
- Afterwards, place the cookie sheet in the middle rack of the oven and bake it for 30 minutes or until it turns a golden - light brown color and the top of the cookie is dry.
- Turn off the oven and take out the cookies. Let it cool down completely and enjoy them with a glass of milk/coffee.
- Refrigerate the leftover cookies in an air tight for 4-5 days.
- Amaranth flour has a mild bitter taste of its own. So when combined in this recipe these cookies have a strong amaranth flavor once they cool down. It takes a while to get used to the taste of amaranth.
- Make sure that the bananas in this recipe are ripe but not over ripe.
- The peanut butter that I used in this recipe is unsalted and unsweetened.
- These cookies would be slightly grainy in texture after they are baked. That is because of the texture of amaranth flour. However, as they cool down these cookies would be crispier also.