These soft and chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Quinoa Cookies are absolutely melt in mouth. It has the real flavor of peanut butter along with dairy free chocolate chips and folded into healthy quinoa flour. It’s a delightful treat for all ages.
How can we have Christmas without cookies were the first thoughts that crossed my mind.
However, I continued discussing presents for her dad with Yashvi. I was right, even though I had Cranberry Chia Muffins in my dessert menu for the day she still insisted on having cookies too. So here I came up with this last moment Peanut Butter Chocolate Quinoa Cookies recipe.
These cookies are easy to bake and yet so delicious and not to forget its nutrition part.
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Chocolate Quinoa Cookies
- I used quinoa flour for this recipe. Quinoa flour has a slight after taste flavor and hence these cookies pair excellent with milk/coffee/tea. But if you aren’t a quinoa person you can use oat flour.
- I am always stacked with fresh ground peanut butter. It’s been a while I haven’t baked desserts with it. Incorporating this in my ingredient list was my natural choice.
- While I was whipping the cookie batter and preparing the oven along with the cookie sheet suddenly from behind Yashvi screams “Mommy what about chocolate chips”?
- I generously folded in dark chocolate chips into the cookie batter and was totally zapped by her excitement.
The house smelled so delicious and so Christmas. Yashvi was my taster. Let me tell you she is a huge fan of quinoa so she loved these cookies immediately. She totally approved of these cookies.
We all enjoyed this unplanned dessert that evening and we are going to put these with milk near our fireplace and wait for Santa Clause to come and enjoy this protein rich healthy treat.
You may also like:
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram .
Peanut Butter Chocolate Quinoa Cookies
- Preheat oven at 400 degree Fahrenheit and prepare a cookie sheet with a greased liner.
- In a mixing bowl combine quinoa flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well with a spoon.
- In a food processor combine bananas, vanilla extract, olive oil, maple syrup and peanut butter. Grind smooth.
- Now pour the peanut butter mixture into the dry ingredients and whip with a spoon until well blended.
- Lastly, fold in the chocolate chips and drop about 1 tbsp. of the batter onto the cookie sheet with ¼ inch space between each cookie. (Don’t worry about the shape).
- Place the cookie sheet in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Take out the cookies and let it cool completely before serving. Pairs well with milk/coffee/tea.
- The consistency of the cookie batter should be thick and sticky. If your batter becomes too dry because of the different size of bananas then add about 1-2 tbsp dairy free milk to the batter while whipping up. Make sure the batter is not runny or liquid.
- These cookies can be stored at room temperature for about 5-7 days in an air tight container.