Strawberry Yogurt Vegan Cookies are soft, moist and chewy cake like dessert. These cookies fulfill your desire to eat a cake and yet satisfy your cravings for cookies as a snack or dessert.
These cookies are Yashvi’s favorite. On her demand I have baked these may be like 3 times in a week. They are super easy snack/dessert with minimum mess.
Ingredients for Strawberry Yogurt Vegan Cookies
These beauties are made out of fresh strawberries, vegan almond yogurt, almond flour and bananas for sweetener.
How can anyone just pass these goodies? Also they are so perfect for spring and early summer dessert menu.
These cookies are so easy that you might have everything in your pantry right now. All you need is to whip up the batter and bake them.
I used only 1 tsp of brown sugar to smoothen the sourness of yogurt. These cookies are gluten free and nutritious because it is a low carb, high protein and high fiber cookies.
I have never baked cookies with yogurt earlier. However, it has been in my mind for a while and I really wanted to give it a try. Initially I was skeptical about using yogurt in a dessert. I didn’t want my cookies to be sour or taste weird but with a little practice I was able to get to the perfect taste.
Yashvi definitely helped me in every stage as a recipe taster. These cookies can be stored in an air tight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. When serving, just warm it up for 5-10 seconds in a microwave and enjoy.
Personally, I love fresh baked cookies immediately out of the oven. The one and only trick to keep the cookies away from crumbling is that when out of the oven, let the cookies cool down completely before picking on them. Well, it was the extremely difficult to not pop them in my mouth.
These aromatic and delicious Strawberry Yogurt Vegan Cookies were totally irresistible.
Strawberry Yogurt Vegan Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 1/8 cup vegan almond yogurt (plain)
- 2 medium bananas (mashed)
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a blender add 1 cup chopped strawberries and blend smooth.
- Preheat oven at 375 degree Fahrenheit and prepare a cookie sheet by greasing it well.
- In a large bowl whip yogurt. Pour the blended strawberries and mix.
- Now, add mashed bananas, sugar and vanilla extract.
- In another bowl combine almond flour, baking powder and salt. Mix very well until there are no lumps.
- Now, fold in dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mix well until the batter is well blended. The consistency of the batter would be thick and sticky.
- Lastly, fold in the rest of the chopped strawberries and mix gently.
- Now, drop about 1 tbsp. of the batter on the cookie sheet.
- Place the cookie sheet in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 40 minutes or until golden in color.
- Take out the cookie sheet and let the cookies cool down completely. Enjoy!
- I would recommend to finely chopping ½ cup of the strawberries that is folded in the batter for a nice look of the cookies.
- Make sure to let the cookies completely cool down or they might crumble slightly.
- For this recipe I used Kite Hill almond milk yogurt (plain). Any plain yogurt can be used for this recipe.
- If you use regular yogurt and if it’s too sour, add ½ tsp brown sugar extra to cut on the sourness.
- These cookies can be refrigerated in an air tight container for 3-4 days. Just before serving warm them for 5-10 seconds in a microwave and serve at room temperature.
Products used in this recipe
(this may contain affiliation link)