No Bake Chocolate Quinoa Protein Balls are loaded with health benefits. These easy crunchy balls are made with NO protein powder. Easy ingredients and delectable flavors make these balls absolutely desirable. It’s vegan and gluten free.
I am a big fan of protein bites. I cannot stop munching on them especially if its homemade and without any store-bought processed protein powder. I like the idea of making bars/balls with natural and real ingredients. These are however the best so far.
I may have made these balls many times for myself but this time I decided to capture them in my camera. I also got an opportunity to get it tested by my parents. They are visiting us from India and to get this recipe through them was kind of a task. Finally, I succeeded in my attempt and they approved after couple of attempts of re-making them.
Ingredients for No Bake Chocolate Quinoa Protein Balls
Instant coffee powder
Unsweetened cocoa powder
All these ingredients combined together gave an extremely pleasant and satisfying taste. I have never tasted anything like these before.
How to make No Bake Chocolate Quinoa Protein Balls
In the first step I roasted some quinoa flakes and kept it aside.
Then in a food processor I combined all the ingredients (except cocoa nibs, and quinoa). I processed it well. I like the crunchy bites for my protein balls but feel free to process the mixture as smooth as possible as per your taste.
Later, take the mixture out of the food processor in a mixing bowl. Stir in cocoa nibs. At this stage you may taste the mixture. If desired add little maple syrup. (I made two batches with and without maple syrup and both were equally delicious. My family liked these with maple syrup. Whereas, I preferred these without it and I also saved little calories)
Then, with the help of the palms I made little balls and rolled them in the roasted quinoa flakes.
Lastly, I let it rest in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
How healthy are these chocolate protein balls?
These are packed with fiber, protein, omega-3, potassium, iron and some caffeine to boost energy. These have healthy fats that aid in good mood. These boosts metabolism thereby helping in weight loss.
These protein balls are a great way to include healthy ingredients into our diet since its made with super foods. It’s also a healthy way to satisfy the sweet tooth. It’s a great way to include more protein into your diet while satisfying every palate.
FAQs for Chocolate Protein Balls
These are great on the go snacks. I love these as in between snacks as well.
These stay for about 2 weeks in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
This recipe makes 12 balls and the serving is 2 balls per person.
If you get a chance to make this recipe the please leave your feed back in the comment section below and also rate this recipe. You may also tag @kiipfit on Instagram and I will definitely shout it out there. I love to see what you cook in your kitchen.
No Bake Chocolate Quinoa Protein Balls
- 1/4 cup quinoa flakes
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1 tbsp instant coffee powder
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1/2 cup cocoa nibs
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup (optional)
- Warm up a nonstick pan and saute quinoa flakes for few seconds. As soon as it starts to become golden in color turn off the flame and keep sauteing in the warm pan for few more seconds until you get a nice aroma. Keep it aside.
- In a food processor combine dates, coffee powder, cocoa powder, almonds, walnuts, hemp seeds, flax seeds and process. (I like it crunchy so I did not smoothen the mixture too much). However, it should be sticky enough to make round balls.
- Take it out in a mixing bowl and stir in cocoa nibs. At this stage taste it. If you desire it to be sweeter mix in maple syrup.
- With the help of a cookie scoop divide the dough into 12 equal parts. Then start making balls between palms and roll each ball very well in the roasted quinoa flakes. Make sure to press quinoa flakes firmly yet gentle enough to not break the balls.
- Let the protein balls rest in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes in an air tight container. Then enjoy!!
- While making balls the mixture might dry up. In that case rub your palm with little oil so the balls stick to each other. Try and use the entire roasted quinoa flakes because it adds to its crunch.
- These protein balls are crunchy in every bite. However, feel free to grind as smooth as possible.
- I did not add maple syrup for myself because I like the strong flavor of coffee and chocolate. However, I mixed in maple syrup for my family to smoothen the flavors of the ingredients.
- This recipe makes 12 balls and the serving size is 2 balls per person.
- These balls can be refrigerated in an air tight container for about 2 weeks.
- Total time including the resting time is 40 minutes to make this recipe.
(This post contains affiliate links)
You have so many wholesome and filling ingredients in this recipe for protein balls– I can see using this as a breakfast or as an afternoon snack for a pick me up to keep me going throughout the day.
These look like they would be so good! I love that they are no bake too.
These look so good and are so clean! We’ll have to try them!
Holy cow this is SO much yum! Saving this and making these ASAP – thanks for sharing!
Michelle Kellogg says
I really like the all natural ingredients. I have been on the hunt for making better and healthier food for my family so these look interesting to try.
Kerri @ Holly Muffin says
These look amazing! I’ll have to try the recipe!
Thank you Kerri. Hope you enjoy this snack as much as we did.
Geeky Daddy says
I was looking for a new post work-out snack I could eat while driving. These sound perfect!
Thank you. I hope you these.
Yum! I love that these have coffee powder in them. Such a great idea!
Love this recipe! I am always looking for prep-ahead snacks that will give me a good energy boost!
These look incredible and healthy (plus delicious!) thank you!
Those look amazing and the recipe looks easy to follow.
Thank you Monique. It is absolutely easy.