This Cilantro Edamame Burger is packed with nutrition and yet it is so comforting. Its a 20 minute delicious meal for any day of the week.
Protein rich edamame along with fresh cilantro, fiber rich carrots and broccoli slaw, digestible cumin seeds crushed in a food processor and mixed with other outstanding seasonings then formed into burger patties, screams ……. Happy Father’s Day!
Cilantro Edamame Burger is so good and so perfect for the fabulous Sunday (father’s day) that no one can stop with just one burger.
Simple to make and can be grilled easily this burger will bring lots of laughter and togetherness to your family on this special occasion.
Both Rohit and my dad are extremely fond of burgers and for them burgers have to look good, appealing and super delicious.
If we go for burgers it is soooooo special for them. They plan endlessly looking at the menu and the drinks and sides that will pair well with their choices of burgers.
I always watch their plate as to what’s going into their mouths. They sometimes hide from me and indulge a bit too much 🙂
How to make Cilantro Edamame Burger
- Firstly, I defrosted frozen edamame.
- Secondly, in the food processor I combined the veggies and crushed them.
- Next, I spooned it out in a mixing bowl and then I seasoned it with spices and bread crumbs.
- Then, I made round patties between my palms and kept it aside.
- Afterwards, I heated oil in a nonstick pan and placed the patties. I let them cook until brown at the bottom and then gently, I flipped them over with the help of the spatula and cooked it again until brown.
- Lastly, I assembled all the salad along with the patty in a burger bun.
So this time I came up with Cilantro Edamame Burger so that I don’t have to rack my brains with their nutrition and healthy food choices and they can freely enjoy their day 🙂
So the father’s day Sunday is almost planned and the only thing left is the gift. Hmmm.
That’s tough…….. I want to make it so special for them so I will leave you all here with this recipe to try and prep your weekend and I will quickly run to the mall to get some special surprise gifts for both the dads 🙂
You may also like:
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram because we would love to see what you cook.
Cilantro Edamame Burger
- 1 1/4 cups shelled edamame (frozen)
- 1/4 cup heaped chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup grated/shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup broccoli slaw
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Pinch of nutmeg powder
- 1/2 tsp salt or as per taste
- 1/2 cup vegan bread crumbs
- 1 tsp crushed chili flakes
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp white sesame seeds
- In a food processor combine edamame, cilantro, carrots, broccoli slaw, cumin powder and crush.
- Spoon the mixture out in a mixing bowl and add rest of the ingredients (except oil and sesame seeds). Mix well with your hands.
- Divide the mixture into four equal parts and form patties between your palms.
- Warm oil in a nonstick frying pan and add sesame seeds.
- Immediately place the burger patties in the pan and let it cook for 5 minutes or until brown.
- Flip the patties to the other side and cook for another 5 minutes or until brown.
- Serve as a lettuce wrap or between burger buns with you choice of salad and dressing.