Pumpkin Almond Burger Patties are scrumptious with fall flavors. Its absolutely delightful with or without buns. These amazing NO OIL baked patties are perfect dinner option for any day of the week.
Pumpkin Puree and Almond Flour mixed together with Sriracha sauce to make it slightly spicy and combined with Italian style bread crumbs.
These Pumpkin Almond Burger Patties beat all the burgers that I have eaten so far and the best part of these patties are that they are baked.
Easy Steps to make Pumpkin Almond Burger Patties
I had the last batch of pumpkin puree which I wanted to try for these patties. I wanted to make flavorful burger patties because we are so tired of eating the regular burgers and yet so fond of this fast food. Also I have to stick to my healthy diet.
Therefore, I combined the almond flour into the pumpkin puree and wondered for about 10 minutes what spices to mix in to make it really flavorful.
Then, I started chopping green peppers and added them to the patties mix and yet lost in my thoughts about the spices.
While I kept gazing at my spice rack, I realized that my taste buds were tingling and telling me something.
At that moment, I saw sriracha sauce lying in my pantry and a smile came to my face. I knew what I wanted to add to these patties for the flavor.
Then I had to add some nice and tasty ingredient to give these patties some texture.
I always have Italian bread crumbs in my pantry for last minute quick cooking. These bread crumbs brought the exact flavor that my taste buds were demanding.
The end result simply amazed me. Its bright orange color of the No Oil, Baked, Pumpkin Almond Burger Patties was absolutely mouthwatering.
Now, this new burger recipe has occupied my weekly meal plan and is loved by my family. 🙂
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave a comment at the bottom and don’t forget to rate this recipe. You may also tag @kiipfit in Instagram and I will definitely shout it out there. I love seeing what’s cooking in your kitchen.
Pumpkin Almond Burger Patties
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 whole green bell pepper (deseeded and finely chopped)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp sriracha sauce
- 3/4 cup Italian style bread crumbs
- Preheat oven at 360 degree Fahrenheit. Prepare a cookie sheet with a liner.
- In the meantime combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Mix well with a spoon or with hands.
- Take a handful of the mix between palms and shape it into a ball.
- Then press between palms just like burger patties and smoothen the sides as much as possible because while baking the patties may crack a bit. So make sure to smoothen them as much as possible.
- Repeat the above steps for the rest of the dough batter.
- Put the patties onto the cookie sheet and put it in the middle rack of the oven.
- Let it bake for 20-25 minutes. Take it out and flip the patties to the other side and bake again for 20 minutes.
- Take it out of the oven when cooked and serve with your favorite burger buns and toppings, or eat it in a wrap.
- For gluten free diet use any gluten free bread crumbs. Make sure to adjust the seasoning as per your taste.
- The patties should be cooked properly from inside but don’t let it be dark in color or else it will have a burnt taste. The color of the patties should be very light golden.
- If in a hurry you may put the oven in the toaster mode and cook for 15-20 minutes or until very light golden brown. Just make sure the patties are cooked from inside.
These look so good! I’ve been loving your recipes! Do you think a kabocha squash or yam puree would work for this vs. pumpkin? And perhaps with extra almond flour, could I skip the breadcrumbs? Many thanks.
Thank you Danielle. I totally look forward to feedbacks. You may try this with yam puree. It should work but the taste might change a bit from the original recipe. Almond flour does not absorb too much liquid so if you skip bread crumbs the patties would be very soft to handle. So, we would need some binding agent here. You may try with panko crumbs to make it crisper if that is what you are looking for. I hope I made sense.
I’m loving the flavour combinations in this burger! I bet it’s got a lovely kick to it too. Will definitely have to try these!
Thank you Michelle. If you get a chance to try this burger do tag my blog or send me your feedback. Hope you enjoy it.
What a fantastic burger idea using pumpkin puree! Perfect for the fall and winter time. I love the addition of sriracha sauce and red pepper flakes to add a little heat.
Thank you Marie. Hope you get a chance to enjoy this burger. It really is worth trying. My family loves it.