Pumpkin Puree and Almond Flour mixed together with Sriracha sauce to make it slightly spicy and combined with Italian style bread crumbs. These Pumpkin Almond Burger Patties beat all the burgers that I have eaten so far and the best part of these patties are that they are baked.
I had the last batch of pumpkin puree which I wanted to try for these patties. I wanted to make flavorful burger patties because we are so tired of eating the regular burgers and yet so fond of this fast food. Also I have to stick to my healthy diet. I combined the almond flour into the pumpkin puree and wondered for about 10 minutes what spices to mix in to make it really flavorful. I started chopping green peppers and added them to the patties mix and yet lost in my thoughts about the spices. I kept gazing at my spice rack and I realized that my taste buds were tingling and telling me something.
I then saw sriracha sauce lying in my pantry and a smile came to my face. I knew what I wanted to add to these patties for the flavor. Then I had to add some nice and tasty ingredient to give these patties some texture. I always have Italian bread crumbs in my pantry for last minute quick cooking. These bread crumbs brought the exact flavor that my taste buds were demanding. I was amazed with the orange color of the No Oil, Baked, Pumpkin Almond Burger Patties. Now, this new burger recipe has occupied my weekly meal plan and is loved by my family. 🙂
- Preheat oven at 360 degree Fahrenheit. Prepare a cookie sheet with a liner.
- In the meantime combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Mix well with a spoon or with hands.
- Take a handful of the mix between palms and shape it into a ball.
- Then press between palms just like burger patties and smoothen the sides as much as possible because while baking the patties may crack a bit. So make sure to smoothen them as much as possible.
- Put the patties onto the cookie sheet and put it in the middle rack of the oven.
- Let it bake for 20-25 minutes. Take it out and flip the patties to the other side and bake again for 20 minutes.
- Take it out of the oven when cooked and serve with your favorite burger buns and toppings, or eat it in a wrap.
Note: If required you may substitute sriracha sauce with any hot/spicy sauce that you have handy.
The patties should be cooked properly from inside but don’t let it be dark in color or else it will have a burnt taste. The color of the patties should be very light golden.
If in a hurry you may put the oven in the toaster mode and cook for 15-20 minutes or until very light golden brown. Just make sure the patties are cooked from inside.