Tofu Chickpeas Lettuce Wraps is made of a combination of plant based protein and fiber. Its a refreshing and crunchy appetizer that is a great salad substitute for any day. This wrap is low in calories and high in nutrition along with being big on flavor. So Healthy! So Refreshing! So Delicious!!
Garbanzo Beans and tofu sautéed with very little oil then flavored with Asian sauces. Later spiced with fresh ground red chili paste, enhanced with some carrots and green onions and served on fresh lettuce leaves topped with some citrus juice.
I am a huge fan of lettuce. I love the crunchy and refreshing taste of lettuce. It is so beautiful when added in salads or served as lettuce wraps. YUM!! Mostly, I try and include lettuce at least 4 times a week into my diet. 🙂
I decided to cook some quick, easy, less time consuming and healthy lettuce wraps. I also made sure to make my delicious lettuce wraps with the ingredients that I had at home. No Grocery shopping was on my mind. Actually I was testing my kitchen pantry and refrigerator whether I can develop a healthy recipe with the ingredients at home and without visiting the grocery store. 🙂
I started with noting down all the ingredients for Tofu Chickpeas Lettuce Wraps that I had in my mind. Sometimes I am very specific about the ingredients that I want to create recipes with or you may say that I was very particular with the taste of this lettuce wrap.
My next step was to look into my kitchen thoroughly. Guess What? I got all the ingredients. Wait. Almost all the ingredients except for the boiled chickpeas. I always have dry chickpeas in bulk in my kitchen pantry because I like my chickpeas to be freshly boiled. Hahaha. No Worries. I just threw some dry chickpeas along with water and pressure cooked it for few minutes. After few whistles it was done. Hardly took 10 extra minutes. I did not soak the chickpeas overnight as well. Just some extra whistles of the pressure cooker did my work. 🙂 . You may use the canned chickpeas/garbanzo beans that are available in the store. 🙂
Ingredients for Tofu Chickpeas Lettuce Wraps
Dry red chilies
Now I was ready to cook my new recipe Tofu Chickpeas Lettuce Wraps and satisfy my cravings. Yummy! Mouthwatering!! 🙂 . I quickly sautéed all the ingredients in a nonstick pan and served this appetizer to my family and myself in just 20 minutes.
Isn’t it quick? 🙂
So happy and delighted!! My family appreciated this recipe a lot and I decided to share this Vegan, Healthy and Satisfying Appetizer/Snacks with you all. 🙂
Tofu Chickpeas Lettuce Wraps
- 3 whole dry red chilies (deseeded)
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- 1 tsp white sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup white of green onions
- 1/4 cup julienned carrots
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 2 cups crumbled tofu (extra firm)
- 1 cup chickpeas/garbanzo beans (boiled and drained)
- 3/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Soak the whole red chilies in warm water for 10 minutes. Then grind it into a smooth paste and keep it aside.
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick pan/wok and add garlic, ginger and sesame seeds.
- Then add white of green onions into the pan and saute well.
- Thereafter, mix in carrots , chili paste, soy sauce and vinegar.
- Afterwards, fold in crumbled tofu and let it cook covered for 2 minutes.
- Later, add chickpeas, salt and maple syrup. The mix it very well and cook again covered for 2 minutes.
- Lastly, add cilantro and mix again.
- Now, serves the tofu chickpeas mix on fresh lettuce with a lemon wedge on the side.
- If you like a spicy wrap increase the dry chilies to 5 instead of 3.
- Make sure to use pressed tofu to get the meaty texture of tofu in the wrap.