Carrot Oatmeal Breakfast Patties are scrumptious wholesome morning meal with utmost nutrition. At the same time these patties serve as excellent evening snacks as well. These patties are a complete delight to the taste buds and filling for our tummies.
Its a combination of fiber and whole grain. Thus, Carrot Oatmeal Breakfast Patties are absolutely desirable.
As we all know breakfast is the most important meal of the day. However, due to time crunch most of us fail to fuel our body when it’s required the most. And rest of the time we are out of ideas for breakfast menu.
I went through the same dilemma recently. Also I was too lazy to go for grocery as my kitchen was almost empty because it was Sunday.
Further we were not in the mood for any sweet breakfast. While browsing through my pantry I found some oat flour and baby carrots sitting in my refrigerator. Hence, this recipe began cooking in my mind 🙂
Ingredients for Carrot Oatmeal Breakfast Patties
Easy steps to make Carrot Oatmeal Breakfast Patties
For this, I grated/processed some baby carrots.
Thereafter, in a large mixing bowl I combined some oat flour along with the grated carrots. If by any chance you do not have oat flour, you may grind whatever oats you have handy in your home.
Afterwards, I seasoned it with some chives, sriracha powder, cumin powder and salt. The sticky dough was formed which was quite aromatic. Of course, I was super hungry.
I warmed a griddle and greased it with cooking spray.
Then, I started making round flat patties out of the dough. The only trick I used while forming the patties was to wet my palms with water so as to avoid sticking.
Then, I placed the patties on the warm griddle and cooked them until golden brown.
Carrot Oatmeal Breakfast Patties tasted outstanding.
These breakfast patties pairs well with sliced avocados sprinkled with crushed black pepper and a dollop of hummus.
It was a fun and delicious Sunday morning. We heartily enjoyed our breakfast and lived a memorable family time.
Carrot Oatmeal Breakfast Patties are a make – ahead breakfast as well.
Store them in an air tight container in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
You may devour as and when you get hungry. Just warm them in the microwave or in a toaster oven. These patties have made our breakfast time super pleasurable and delightful.
Carrot Oatmeal Breakfast Patties
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the ingredients and mix well with your hands until sticky dough like batter is formed.
- Heat a frying pan or a griddle and grease it well.
- Take some water in a small bowl to wet your palms so as to avoid the dough like batter sticking in your palms.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal parts.
- Dip your fingers in the water and rub your entire palm with water. Make sure your palms are wet but not drenched.
- Now take one part of the dough between your wet palms and form round and flat patty. Place the patty on the warm and greased pan/griddle.
- Repeat the same process for the rest of the dough.
- Let the patties cook on one side until golden brown in color and then flip over to the other side. Cook again until golden brown in color.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
- I used baby carrots for this recipe and pulsed it in the food processor. Do not overdo it. Rough grating/processing required for this recipe.
- If you do not have oat flour feel free to grind any oats that you have in a food processor or grinder.
- Make sure to wet your hands before making the patties or else they might stick to your palms.
- If desired these patties can also be baked in a preheat oven at 400 degree Fahrenheit. Make sure to grease with a cooking spray/oil the patties from both sides to retain its moisture.
- Feel free to adjust the salt as per your taste.
- Store them in the refrigerator in an air tight container for 4-5 days. Just microwave it when ready to eat.