Baked Cashew Cream Vegetable Pasta is packed with delicate flavors and loaded with nutrition.
Even though its carbohydrate loaded yet it’s healthy and guilt free. Guess why??? I used ancient grain quinoa and sorghum fusilli pasta to induce nutrition into my favorite pasta dish.
It is not new that I am huge fan of pasta and anything pasta just attracts me immensely. I can have pasta for every meal and all 7 days. Yashvi is the same. So we both just gorge on pasta anytime and anywhere. I have been eating pasta since childhood.
My mom always used to hide vegetables in any pasta recipe for me and my brother. She somehow had the techniques to feed us veggies in a delicious way. I wish to do the same with Yashvi to give her balanced nutrition.
Therefore, when I was thinking about this recipe, I wanted something soft, delicate, creamy and flavor packed pasta dish. Since its fall and the air is chilly outside anything warm and baked is always welcome.
How to make Baked Cashew Cream Vegetable Pasta
For this, firstly, I sauteed some herbs and veggies in a greased pan.
Thereafter, I added cashew cream to give it a nice creamy texture.
Afterwards, I folded in healthy grains fusilli pasta.
Lastly, I spooned the pasta into a baking dish and generously covered it with vegan mozzarella cheese (shredded).
Later, I baked it in a preheated oven until the cheese melted nicely.
This Baked Cashew Cream Vegetable Pasta was a big hit even with my fussy relatives who visited me last weekend. In fact I had to make a quick another set of pasta dish for my dear Yashvi 🙂 .
Its funny when she is left behind in the crowd for stuffs that she cannot resist at all 🙂
Baked Cashew Cream Vegetable Pasta is regular in my house now and my family drools over this often. It’s easy and hardly takes any effort. It’s perfect for any week night dinner as well as it’s a perfect crowd pleaser.
The ingredients used in this recipe are simple. I am sure you must be having all the ingredients in your kitchen now. Also, its not a lengthy dish and hardly any time is required for its cooking.
Each ingredient pulls this dish together very well for creamy, soft, delicate yet nutritious flavor.
You may also like:
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram because we would love to see what you cooked.
Baked Cashew Cream Vegetable Pasta
For cashew cream
- 1/2 cup raw cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried garlic
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped colored bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped baby corn
- 1/2 cup sliced olives
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups fusilli (whole grain/ancient grain/regular/GF)
- Salt as per taste
- 1 cup vegan mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- In a blender combine cashew nuts and water. Blend it smooth until creamy and keep it aside.
- Preheat oven at 400 degree Fahrenheit and prepare a baking dish.
- Heat oil in a pan and add garlic, basil and oregano. When it starts to warm add chopped onions and saute for 30 seconds.
- Now add tomatoes and let it cook covered until tomatoes are mushy.
- Add water and cashew cream to it and mix well.
- Add all the vegetables and pasta. Mix well again.
- Toss in salt and sugar and cook for 30 seconds.
- Now spoon the pasta in a baking dish and cover it with vegan mozzarella cheese.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and bake it 25 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- I used cashew milk based shredded vegan mozzarella cheese from Pamela Creamery. It’s available in whole foods.
- For this recipe I used quinoa and sorghum fusilli pasta that is available in Costco. However, you may use any pasta of your choice.