This Amaranth Soup with Roasted Strawberries is a delightful summer dessert. Its perfectly sweetened and flavored with cardamom and pistachio. The combination of whole grains and fruits makes it complete sweet dish to enjoy with your entire family.
It is common to serve cold soup during summer but comning up with a dessert soup was absolutely unique and outsanding experience for me.
I never imagined that this sweet amaranth soup would tastes so good. This is one of my most unique creation and I am totally proud of myself.
Moreover, my family loves and so I make it frequently whe strawberries are in season.
Whenvere, I roast strawberries in the oven my kids get so exicted with its aroma. Often times they end up munching on theseroasted strawebrries.
Sometimes, I simply oven bake strawebrries in bilk and refrigerate. This becomes like a candy treat for all of us.
However, this Amaranth Soup with Roasted Strawberries is a beautiful dessert if you plan to serve it to your guests.
I am sure they would never have tasted anything like this before. its so good that everyone would keep praising you for your efforts.
Another summer soup that I am very fond is my cold cucumber soup. Its so easy and simply a blender soup but so refreshing.
My other strawberry recipes that you might like are:
However, today I am here to share this Amaranth Soup with Roasted Strawberries recipe.
Ingredients you will need
- Fresh strawberries
- Maple syrup
- Dairy free milk
- Vanilla extract
I have used these easily available ingredients in this recipe which you may buy from local grocery store. However, I have provided links to few of them here for your convinience.
If you plan to buy from these affiliate links then I get a small commission which in turn encourages me to bring in more delicious recipes for you all.
- Strawberries – its the main ingredient in this recipe. Fresh works the best since frozen would have too much moisture in them. Its a high in fiber and loaded with antioxidants.
- amaranth – its a gluten free grain with more protein than quinoa. it is crunchy and grainy in texture and does not absorb too a lot of liquid.
- sugar – I used white sugar to maintain the right color of this dessert. You may use maple syrup in the soup or brown sugar as well.
How to make Amaranth Soup with Roasted Strawberries
Firstly, I sliced the strawberries and placed them on a prepared baking sheet.
Secondly, I drizzled over maple syrup on each slice and baked them in the middle rack of the preheat oven at 350 degree for 15-20 minutes.
Next, I cooked dairy free milk and amaranth in saucepan until amaranth was fluffy and the dessert thickens a bit.
Thereafter, I stirred in cardamom, vanilla and sugar to it. Then, I let it cook for another 15 minutes at low-medium heat.
Afterwards, I turned off the flame and removed it for heat. Then, i let it cool down to room temperature.
Lastly, I ladled it into eh bowls and I garnished with roasted strawberries and crushed pistachio.
It was an instant hit and i make it frequently during summer season.
It s a delightful dessert with unique combination.
This healthy dessert soup is our favorite and we look forward to enjoy this often.
This divine dessert is a big hit with my daughter since she is a strawberry lover.
It a gluten free and dairy free dessert recipe for all my health conscious friends and you won’t be guilty for eating.
It tastes best when served within a day. However, you may refrigerate the soup for 3-4 days and when ready to serve roast the strawberries and assemble and serve.
I have used healthy grains and fresh berries. So therefore, it is healthier but due to some sugar content I would recommend enjoying it occasionally.
It has a crunchy bites from amaranth and thick sweet flavor of of cardamom. It has a strong tang from strawberries and the overall taste is balanced with pistachio.
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram with your recipe remake images because we would love to see what you cooked.
Amaranth Soup with Roasted Strawberries
- Preheat oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit and prepare a baking sheet with a parchment paper. Place the sliced strawberries on it and drizzle maple syrup on each sliced strawberry. Bake it in the middle rack of the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the strawberries are soft. ( do not over cook). Once done, turn off the oven and take it out. Keep it aside on a flat surface until ready to use.
- In the meantime, combine dairy free milk and amaranth in a saucepan and let it cook until the first boil. Lower the fame to medium heat and let it cook further for 10 minutes. Keep stirring at intervals to avoid any sticking at the bottom.
- Stir in cardamom powder, sugar and vanilla extract. Let it cook for another 15 minutes at low-medium heat.
- Once the soup starts to thicken a bit tur it off and remove from heat. Let it cool down to room temperature. Refrigerate for 10 minutes for quick cooling.
- In the meanwhile, roughly mash the baked strawberries with a fork. ( do not over do this step).
- Ladle the soup in the serving bowls and float mashed strawberries at its top. Garnish with crushed pistachio and serve.
- This recipe tastes best when served cold.
- You may prepare the soup and refrigerate overnight. When ready bake the strawberries and assemble the entire recipe.
- Feel free to float more strawberries in the soup if desired.