This Peaches and Red Potatoes “Stir Fry” is flavored with fresh herbs and finished with mild seasoning. Its a sweet and salty 30 minutes entree.
A shout out to all those potato and peach lovers out there, this healthier spin on a fusion stir fry, combines my favorites flavors – fresh herbs and spices!!!!
This fusion flavored side vegetable dish goes very well with the main course or I simply enjoy Peaches and Red Potatoes “stir fry” as the main entrée with brown rice. I also enjoy the leftover as salad for my lunch next day.
How to make Peaches and Red Potatoes “Stir Fry”
- Firstly, I heated oil in a nonstick pan and flavored it with herbs
- Secondly, I cooked potatoes in it until they were soft.
- Next, I sauteed onions in it.
- Thereafter, I added peaches and other ingredients to it. I cooked it covered again for few minutes.
- Lastly, I garnished it and served with steamed rice.
Whoa!!! What a combination- Right? Trust me it works and tastes delicious.
Now for all those of you who have completely taken potatoes off your diet because of the myth that they are bad and high in carb but actually they are good for you.
Just the right amount with the right type of cooking, potatoes can be healthy and a delicious guilt free food. It’s naturally gluten free and are a part of clean eating diet.
Peaches are its peak now and I wanted to experiment this wonderful summer fruit in savory entree form. Even though I have made smoothies and desserts with peaches earlier but a savory entree was my first time.
It is trued that I was skeptical with my own idea this time. However, I still went ahead with this recipe and it turned out to be a delicious and healthy meal for my family.
While cooking Peaches and Red Potatoes “stir fry” just make sure to soften the potatoes and peaches from the center but they should be crunchy from the outside to bring out the best flavor of this recipe.
You may also like:
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram because we would love to see what you cooked.
Peaches and Red Potatoes “Stir Fry”
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 whole dry red chilies
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp chopped fresh oregano
- 8 regular red potatoes (washed and quartered)
- 1 whole red onion (peeled and squared)
- 3 whole fresh peaches (sliced and seeds removed)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp crushed black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp fresh chives (optional)
- Heat oil in a skillet or a nonstick pan. Add broken red chilies, garlic, basil, oregano.
- Now add potatoes and mix well so that the potatoes are well coated with the herbs. Cover and cook for 10 -15 minutes till the potatoes are soft in the middle but crunchy outside.
- Now add red onions, mix, cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now, add peaches, salt, pepper and mix very well.Lastly, add water. Mix, cover and cook for 4-5 minutes till peaches are soft but retains its shape and chewy texture.
- Garnish with chives and more fried red chilies and serve warm with steamed rice.
- I liked this vegetable as is like a salad but tastes excellent with rice.
- This vegetable will be slightly on a dry side so if you want more gravy then add ½ cup water more and adjust salt and pepper according to taste. But while cooking make sure that peaches doesn’t lose it shape and texture.
- This can be a very good side entree or can be served as main entree as well.
- Dried oregano can also be used.