Asian Tofu Curry is nicely spiced and flavored with a variety of spices. Its an awesome family meal that serves well for a get together as well.
OOOOHHHHH!!!!! Asian Tofu Curry……. Yummilicious.
This entrée is extremely regular in my home and we all crave for it more and more every time I cook this dish.
It tastes delicious with boiled brown rice. So flavorful and yet so easy to make and my favorite part of this recipe is that it has every possible vegetable in just one dish. Health and taste all in one 🙂
The flavor of coconut flakes blended with Asian spices and aromatic seasonings and no nut base.
Yes, you heard it right no nut base, I made this curry paste with a secret ingredient instead of nuts this time.
I used white sesame seeds and trust me the taste was heavenly. I used all the common and easily available spices and flavored this entrée with lots and lots of love. 🙂
How to make Asian Tofu Curry
- I have a weakness for flavored oil and I always try to flavor warm oil with fresh herbs. It fills my whole kitchen with delicious aroma.
- Then I cooked the curry paste into the herbed oil.
- Afterwards, I added the vegetables and tofu to it.
- Then, I poured coconut milk to make a gravy base and seasoned it with salt, sugar, lemon pepper and lastly topped it with lime juice.
Perfect Asian entrée for any weather and any time of the year and for any occasion.
I guarantee that Asian Tofu Curry will become your family’s favorite dish 🙂
You may also like:
Spicy Cashew Broccoli Stir Fry
Teriyaki Tofu Quinoa Power Bowl
Black Rice Sriracha Tempeh Bowl
One Pot Peanut Butter Tempeh Curry
Did you make this recipe?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram .
Asian Tofu Curry
For the curry paste
- 1 cup roughly chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp white sesame seeds
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/8 cup tamari/soy sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 whole cinnamon stick
- 4 whole cloves
- 4 whole green cardamom
- 4 large Thai basil leaves
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/8 cup water
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup snow peas
- 1/2 cup chopped baby corn
- 1/2 cup squared green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup squared red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp lemon pepper
- 3 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp salt or as per taste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 14 oz extra firm tofu (pressed/drained/chopped)
- In a food process combine all the ingredients for the curry paste and grind it smooth. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet/pan and add cinnamon stick, cardamom, cloves, Thai basil, and thyme.
- Immediately add the curry paste and saute for 7 minutes or until you get the aroma of the paste. The paste should be cooked very well to avoid any raw taste. Do not let the curry paste burn so cook on medium to low flame.
- When the curry paste starts to stick to the pan add water and saute again. Cook for another few minutes until the paste is not raw and is cooked properly.
- Now add all the vegetables and coat them very well with the curry paste.
- Add coconut milk and mix well. At the first boil add the remaining seasonings.
- Mix again and let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Lastly toss in tofu and let it cook uncovered for 5 minutes.
- In a serving bowl pour the Asian tofu curry and garnish with coconut flakes and lime wedges and serve warm with brown rice.
- If you plan to cook way ahead and keep it, the curry may thicken a little. Just add little coconut milk according to your preference of consistency and adjust the salt, lime juice and sugar according to taste.
- Feel free to squeeze more lime juice according to taste.
Ginger Smith says
This looks so yummy! Going to try it out this weekend! 🙂