This craveable Tandoori Broccoli Mushroom Wrap is loaded with the goodness of vegetables and is packed with homemade masala. It’s easy, delicious, satisfying and desirable.
The creamy and tangy stuffing for this wrap is absolutely oil free and made from cashew yogurt or cashewgurt. No baby sitting and no grilling required.
Therefore, it can be enjoyed in any weather especially in this cold weather. You may happily enjoy this wrap in your cozy and warm blanket or near your fireplace without worrying about any outdoor grilling/BBQ.
I love the tangy and the spicy flavor of the stuffing for this wrap.
You may use any vegan/regular yogurt of your choice but I chose to use Cashewgurt. It’s basically bland and it not sour at all. It also does not have a taste of its own. So it’s easy to blend cashewgurt in whatever flavor you want. And convert it into any delicious recipe of your choice. However, I have not tried many dishes with it but my experiments are still in progress.
In the meantime, I am ready with this aromatic and mouthwatering, not to mention one of my most beautiful dish.
Hence, I am sharing Tandoori Broccoli Mushroom Wraps today with its delectable and absolutely desirable flavors.
How to make Tandoori Broccoli Mushroom Wrap
Firstly, in a mixing bowl, I combined all the marinate ingredients and mixed it well.
Secondly, I let it rest for about 30 minutes or until all the flavors were well combined.
Next, I toasted naan/Pita bread as per personally choices and lay it on a flat surface.
Thereafter, I spooned the stiffing at the center of the flat bread vertically/horizontally.
Then, I gently, rolled it into a wrap and served it immediately.
I personally enjoy eating Tandoori Broccoli Mushroom stuffing with a spoon to exclude some carbs from my diet. However, for gluten free diet you may use gluten free tortillas. Also, feel free to use any flat bread of your choice for this wrap, be it naan/tortilla/pita bread.
- Warm up the flat bread before stuffing it with tandoori broccoli mushroom. It tastes better and even more delectable.
- Since cashewgurt isn’t sour or tangy so it is important to use dry mango powder in this marinade recipe. If you plan to use any other yogurt you may skip dry mango part if desired depending on the sourness or tangy flavor of the yogurt.
- Also leave the marinated vegetables in the room temperature….no need for any refrigeration.
So, why miss summer if we can still enjoy Tandoori Broccoli Mushroom Wraps in our cozy homes indoor 🙂
You may also like:
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram because we love to see what you cooked.
Tandoori Broccoli Mushroom Wrap
For the marinate
- 1 cup plain unsweetened vegan yogurt (cashew based)
- 1/2 tsp dried garlic
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/4 tsp dry mango powder (amchur)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt as per taste
- 1 cup broccoli florets (steamed/blanched)
- 1 cup sliced white mushrooms
For the wrap
- 2 tortilla/naan/pita bread (toasted)
- In a large mixing bowl combine vegan yogurt, garlic, ginger powder, coriander powder, chili powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, cardamom powder, dry mango powder, lemon juice and salt. Whip it well until well blended and no lumps.
- Now, fold in blanched broccoli and mushrooms. Cover and let it marinate for 30 minutes in the room temperature.
- Heat and grease it. Pour the marinated broccoli and mushroom along with the marinade.
- Let it cook uncovered on a low – medium flame until the marinate sauce thickens and is almost absorbed leaving the veggies sticky and thick.
- Turn off the flame. Place the tortilla/naan/pita bread on a flat surface. Fill it with the tandoori broccoli and mushroom. Sprinkle some red onion slices and wrap it. Enjoy!
- I personally prefer warmed/toasted pita or naan. You may use any gluten free or corn tortillas for this recipe. I personally enjoy this without any tortilla and enjoy it as is to exclude carbs from my diet.
- My family loved it as naan wrap.
- I used cashewgurt from wholefoods. The taste is quite specific to this recipe. However, if you are unable to find cashewgurt then you may use any vegan/regular yogurt of your choice. In that case adjust the lemon juice if your yogurt is tangy enough and may skip dry mango powder if desired.
- Dry mango powder commonly know as amchur in India is easily available in any Indian store.
- The nutritional value of the stuffings only - Calories 93 Fat 5g Carbs 9g Protein 4g