Oil Free Vegan Mayo
Thick, rich and creamy Oil Free Vegan Mayo is made with only
7 ingredients and in 7 minutes from start to finish! It’s ultra-delicious and versatile
enough to be used as a spread or as a salad dressing.
- 1 cup raw cashew nuts (halved/whole)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/8 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp dried garlic
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk (tetra pack)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
Boil water on the stove top or in a kettle and
soak cashew nuts in the hot water for 5 minutes. Drain and put the nuts in the blender.
Now add nutritional yeast, garlic, mustard
powder and coconut milk to the blender along with drained cashew nuts. Blend it smooth until creamy.
Spoon out the mayo from the blender to a serving
bowl and stir in lemon juice and salt.
Serve with your favorite veggies or enjoy it as
a sandwich spread on your toast.
- For a salad dressing consistency – blend it with ¾ cup coconut milk instead of ½ cup. Adjust the salt as per taste.
- Refrigerate in an air tight glass container for about 2 weeks.
- I have provided step wise images in the post above for convenience.
Calories: 66kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 118mg | Potassium: 65mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 2mg | Iron: 1mg