These No Bake Chocolate Walnut Cookies with Blueberry Jam Frosting are crowd pleaser. They are soft and chewy and are made with simple ingredients in very easy steps.
When there is time for celebration desserts definitely occupy the top most place on the menu.
Well, I have two reasons to celebrate. First, my parents from India are visiting us after 4 years. Secondly, July 4th is approaching.
Therefore, this week I am presenting No Bake Chocolate Walnut Cookies with Blueberry Jam Frosting.
These are super easy with minimum cooking (only for the jam) and require absolutely healthy ingredients. We loved these cookies.
I am absolutely confident about this recipe because Yashvi approved these cookies. HAHAHAHA!!!
As we all know kids never lie. So when in doubt Yashvi is my favorite recipe taster. If she asks for more that means it’s a sure shot winner. If she just thumbs up that means it’s a must try. And if she rejects that means I should not post that recipe. She is a great helper.
However, she has been helping with many recipe creations last week because she wants a grand welcome for her grandparents.
First and foremost I decided to experiment with jam. I wanted to use only 3 ingredients that were resting in my refrigerator. Well, it may sound funny but I have never made jam at home before. This time I made an effort. I was determined to come up with a lip smacking jam recipe.
How to make Blueberry Jam for the frosting
- I combined fresh blueberries, maple syrup, and some lemon juice.
- Thereafter, I mashed the blueberries in the saucepan and let it cook until the jam started to thicken.
- Lastly, I turned off the flame and let it cool to room temperature.
Afterwards I was tempted to try some no bake dessert because I had a huge box of dates awaiting in my kitchen.
Moreover, I was imagining a combination of some chocolate dessert with a generous filling of blueberry jam.
How to make No Bake Chocolate Walnut Cookies
- So, in my food processor I combined pitted dates, cocoa powder, raw walnuts and some salt.
- Then, I processed the cookie dough until they got a sticky texture. Next, I shaped the dough into 8 round cookies.
- Thereafter, I placed these cookies in the freezer for 5 minutes to set.
How to assemble No Bake Chocolate Walnut Cookies with Blueberry Jam Frosting
- Finally, I topped the cookies with the fresh and chunky blueberry jam.
- Lastly, I garnished with fresh blueberries.
By the end of the photoshoot of No Bake Chocolate Walnut Cookies with Blueberry Jam Frosting I was drooling uncontrollably.
Hungrily, I dig my teeth into this deliciousness. The sweet flavor of dates mixed with bitterness of cocoa powder along with the crunchy bite of walnuts followed by the juicy and tangy blueberry jam.
These cookies were divine at the first bite. I was completely speechless and totally consumed by the variety of flavors all over my mouth.
When I offered these cookies to Yashvi she enjoyed these as much as I did. She asked for more. She excitedly offered a couple of the cookies to her dad as well.
Then, she made me promise to make some more for her grandparents over the long weekend.
I have already made three batches of No Bake Chocolate Walnut Cookies with Blueberry Jam Frosting.
These cookies are at the top dessert list for July 4th. I would highly recommend you to try it ASAP.
These cookies are seriously addictive yet healthy and nutritious.
You may also like:
No Bake Chocolate Quinoa Protein Balls
Peanut Butter Sweet Potato Cookies
Almond Butter Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram because we would love to see what you cooked.
No Bake Chocolate Walnut Cookies with Blueberry Jam Frosting
For the jam
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp lemon juice
For the cookies
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cups raw walnuts
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a saucepan combine the jam ingredients and cook on a medium flame. Just before the first boil crush the blueberries with a potato masher in the pan itself.
- Cook again for 3-4 minutes on a medium flame. Then lower the flame further and cook while stirring at intervals.
- Turn off the flame as soon as the jam starts to thicken. Let it cool down to room temperature.
- In the meanwhile, combine all the cookie ingredients in a grinder and process until dough gets a sticky texture.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal parts and shape them like flat cookies between your palms.
- Place them in a flat plate and let them set in the freezer for 5-7 minutes.
- Take out the cookies and generously spoon the jam on them. Garnish with more blueberries if desired and enjoy.
- If any blueberry jam will be left after spreading them on the cookies which can be used a spread on your toast or just make few more cookies to use up the jam.
- This blueberry jam is chunky in texture because of the fresh blueberries.
- The cookies can be made ahead of time and refrigerated for 4-5 days.
Lynn | The Road to Honey says
Ha! Ha! The temptation is real when you are photographing treats, isn’t it? Such a great cookie for the summer when the days are way too warm to turn on the oven. I especially love that blueberry topping.
Ashley @ Big Flavors from a Tiny Kitchen says
Chocolate & fruit is such a great combo – and I’m loving that they’re no bake!
Diana Johnson says
These sound SO good! I love your decision to make date cookies .
Melissa Chee says
Stunning photos!!! Looks unique
Kristen Kavan says
paleo and no bake! done and done! My husband is gonna LOVE these treats!
Let me know how it turned out for you guys.
Patricia @ Grab a Plate says
Ahh! These look amazing! I’ve been wanting to try to incorporate blueberries into cookie form – here they are! Enjoy your time with your parents!
Thank you Patricia. Hope you guys enjoy these cookies.
Nicola @ Happy Healthy Motivated says
I LOVE how healthy these cookies are! And how the jam isn’t loaded up with sugar. Delish!
Katherine Turro says
These look super yummy and I love that they are also healthy!!
Shannon Morscheck says
Delicious! And beautiful photos. Well done!
These sound delicious and this is the perfect recipe for Summer….no hot oven or baking required! 🙂
Great idea to put jam on top. Would have never thought of that! 😉