This soothing and antioxidant loaded Herbed Black Rice Soup is absolutely desirable. This bowl of nutrition is made with interesting flavors.
When I am traveling, tomato soup is always my preferred dish but its extreme thickness and overload of butter/cream puts me off and I end up making my own tomato soup that’s lighter and healthier and definitely suitable to my taste buds.
Ingredients for Herbed Black Rice Soup
Crushed black pepper
Unsweetened coconut milk
Dried basil (to garnish)
How to make this Herbed Black Rice Soup
- Firstly, in a saucepan combine vegetable broth and tomatoes and cook until soft and tender.
- Secondly, bring it to the room temperature and blend it smooth.
- In the meanwhile, heat oil in pan and saute garlic and fresh oregano for only 10 seconds and continue sauteing cooked black rice in it.
- Next, pour the soup to the rice and season it with salt and pepper.
- Thereafter, cook for few minutes.
- Lastly garnish and serve.
Nom, Nom, Nom is what I continued until I finished the large bowl of Herbed Black Rice Soup and satisfied my hungry tummy 🙂
Health benefits of this black rice soup
- It is extremely high in antioxidant, high in fiber and iron along with being super flavorful and not to forget that it is highly versatile.
- This soup is a complete meal for cold week nights and yet helps you maintain your healthy diet regime 🙂
- It tastes best when consumed immediately. However if you plan to make this ahead of time then refrigerate the blended soup. When ready to consume simple follow the rest of the steps as mentioned in the instructions under recipe card.
- It can be made oil free by skipping oil in step 3. I have mentioned it in details in the recipe card under notes.
You might like my other recipe for black rice that is Black Rice Sriracha Tempeh Bowl
My other popular Soup recipe are:
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below. In addition, I would love you to rate this recipe also. You may tag @kiipfit on Instagram as well.
Herbed Black Rice Soup
- In a saucepan combine vegetable broth and tomatoes and boil for couple of minutes or until tomatoes are tender and soft. Remove the pan from the flame and let it cool.
- Once the broth cools down blend it smooth in a blender.
- In a nonstick pan heat oil and add fresh oregano and garlic. Immediately add cooked black rice and saute well until black rice is well coated with the herbs.
- Now add the blended broth and let it boil for a minute.
- Now add rest of the ingredients (except basil) and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and garnish with dried basil and serve warm.
- While cooking black rice follow the package instructions except do not add salt to reduce the sodium content of this recipe.
- For oil free version - simply skip the oil in step 3. Just combine all the ingredients to the blended soup and cook for few minutes and serve immediately.