These firm and chewy Chocolate Chips Pomegranate Cookies are unique Christmas dessert. Along with having the old favorite chocolate chip flavor, its made with other outstanding combination.
There are many great cookie recipes everywhere and I am sure all of us have eaten delicious cookies but this one is different apart from being super delicious. Once you get the hang of these cookies you will never go back to store bought cookies ever.
Guilt free healthy cookies are my best options and are evergreen and it’s a bonus for me if its vegan. What can I ask for more? Just a glass of milk or may be some warm coffee to pair with these Chocolate Chips Pomegranate Cookies.
Yes, the secret is revealed these cookies are made with fresh pomegranate arils and it’s amazing along with being extremely easy to bake.
Ingredients for Chocolate Chips Pomegranate Cookies
Unsweetened coconut milk (tetra pack)
Vegan chocolate chips
More pomegranate seeds to garnish
How to make these delicious cookies
- Firstly, preheat the oven at 375 degree Fahrenheit and prepare a cookie sheet.
- Then in the next step juice out the pomegranate seeds and keep it aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine the dry ingredients.
- In a food processor combine banana, oil and vanilla extract and puree it as smooth as possible.
- Now, combine the pureed banana and pomegranate juice to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Lastly, fold in chocolate chips.
- Afterwards, make round shaped flat cookies between your palms and place them on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Thereafter, put the cookie sheet in the oven and bake for 40 minutes.
- Now, the turn off the oven and take the sheet out of it. Let the cookies cool down a bit and enjoy!
While the cookies are baked into perfection its aroma increases your craving and them even more appetizing.
- Fresh pomegranate arils compliment the taste of coconut flour and chocolate chips and I personally garnish these cookies with more pomegranate arils to get that juicy fresh taste in my cookies.
- If you use walnut oil these cookies are enhanced with omega 3 making this dessert more nutritious and healthy.
Try these tasteful and scrumptious cookies once and become its fan forever.
My other cookie recipes are:
If you are interested in exploring more recipes with pomegranate then you might check these:
If you get chance to bake these beauties then please leave your feedback in the comment section below and also rate this recipe. You may also tag @kiipfit on Instagram and I will definitely shout it out there.
Chocolate Chips Pomegranate Cookies
- 2 cups pomegranate seeds/arils (fresh/frozen)
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 medium bananas
- 1 tsp walnut/olive oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk (tetra pack)
- 1/4 cup vegan/dairy free chocolate chips
- 1/8 cup pomegranate seeds/arils (to garnish)
- Preheat oven at 375 degree Fahrenheit and prepare a cookie sheet with a greased liner.
- In a food processor grind pomegranate seeds as smooth as possible. Strain the juice in a bowl with the help of a fine strainer. Keep it aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine coconut flour, salt and baking powder and mix very well with a spoon.
- In a food processor combine bananas, oil and vanilla extract and puree smooth.
- Now pour the pomegranate juice, banana puree and milk into the dry ingredients and mix very well until smooth and thick batter like dough.
- Lastly, fold in chocolate chips and mix again with a spoon.
- Now take 1 tbsp. of the batter between your palms and make a smooth ball. Lightly press the ball with your palm and gently place it on the prepared cookie sheet. Repeat this process for the rest of the dough and sprinkle pomegranate seeds on the cookies.
- Place the cookie sheet in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 40 minutes. Turn off the oven and let it stand in the warm oven for another 2 minutes for the cookies to settle.
- Take it out of the oven and let it cool and serve. Leftover cookies can be stored in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
- If you like more pomegranates in your cookies, you may add ¼ cup pomegranate seeds into the batter in the 6th step while mixing chocolate chips in the batter. Make sure to mix well. Follow the rest of the instructions as mentioned.
- Avoid putting too many pomegranate seeds for toddlers and infants or very small kids as they may not like to bite on the seeds or the seeds might stick in their teeth.
- These cookies can be stored in the refrigerator in an air tight container for 4-5 days.
- If you are using frozen pomegranate arils then make sure to bring it to room temperature before juicing it.
- I have these cookies without added sugar. For us the sweetness of this recipe was perfect. However, you can do taste test of the batter before forming cookies out of the batter. At that point if you feel you need a little more sweet for your cookies then add about 1-2 tbsp of brown sugar. (Do go overboard with the sugar or else the taste of pomegranate will hide). Then mix the batter again and follow the rest of the steps.