Fresh broccoli with oatmeal and eggs, I could not have asked for a healthier breakfast.
I am trying to introduce broccoli to my little one and in my endeavor I decided to experiment by grinding the broccoli. It looked quite good and I knew that my sweetheart won’t be able to figure out the green ingredient. This thought made me happy and excited. I then combined dry oats, eggs and some milk to make it a complete breakfast meal because Breakfast is an Important Meal of the Day. Since I did not have any time or patience to baby sit I put the dish in the oven.
I was amazed with the aroma and the color of the dish. My experiment was unexpectedly a success. My family liked it and hence I decided to post Broccoli Oatmeal Breakfast Casserole recipe for my health conscious friends.
- Preheat the oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit. Prepare 8 inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Grind the broccoli separately in a food processor and combine it with all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- In another bowl combine all the wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon the batter into the baking dish and put it in the oven.
- Bake it for 25-30 minutes or until the fork comes out clean.
- Cut into desired size and serve hot with ketchup.
Note: Make sure to drain water, if any from the broccoli before grinding it. You can also finely chop broccoli if desired.