Broccoli Oatmeal Breakfast Casserole is a great combination of veggies and whole grains! Its a satisfying and healthy make ahead breakfast.
Fresh broccoli with oatmeal and tofu, I could not have asked for a healthier breakfast.
Since, I am trying to introduce broccoli to my little one it is a big struggle to come up with new dished every time. Therefore, in my endeavor I decided to experiment by grinding the broccoli.
It looked quite good and I knew that my sweetheart won’t be able to figure out the green ingredient.
This thought made me happy and excited. I then combined dry oats, tofu and some milk to make it a complete breakfast meal because Breakfast is an Important Meal of the Day.
Ingredients for Broccoli Oatmeal Breakfast Casserole
Cayenne pepper powder
Dairy free milk
Since I did not have any time or patience I simply combined all the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
Then, I spooned it into the prepare baking pan and shoved it in the oven to bake for 25-30 minutes.
I was amazed with the aroma and the color of the dish.
I was happy that my experiment was unexpectedly a success. My family liked it and hence I decided to post Broccoli Oatmeal Breakfast Casserole recipe for my health conscious friends.
My other popular savory breakfast recipes are:
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram .
Broccoli Oatmeal Breakfast Casserole
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups dry old quick oats
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 8oz silken tofu ( mashed)
- 3 tbsp dairy free milk
- Preheat the oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit. Prepare 8 inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Grind the broccoli separately in a food processor and combine it with oats, cayenne pepper powder, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl mash silken tofu and whip it with milk.
- Now, fold in tofu mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Spoon the batter into the baking dish and place it in the oven. Bake it for 25-30 minutes or until the fork comes out clean.
- Once done turn off the oven and take it out of it. Slice into desired slices and serve hot with ketchup.
- For non vegan option - you may use 4 large eggs instead of silken tofu. Regular cow's milk can be substitute for dairy free milk.
- This recipe tastes best when eaten the same day. Store the leftovers in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.