Vegan Herb Hemp Roasted Vegetables is packed with fiber, protein, complex carbohydrates, good fats and lots of vitamins and minerals. This side dish is packed with absolutely desirable ingredients and is a crowd pleaser.
It is made with fiber rich vegetables and tossed in mouthwatering hemp seed dressing. It’s not only delicious but is also nutrient dense.
You won’t believe that its keto diet friendly plus paleo friendly too. If you are looking to include some fiber rich food recipes into your diet with low carbohydrate content then you got to the right one.
Ingredients for Vegan Herb Hemp Roasted Vegetables
For the dressing
For the vegetables
Red Bell Pepper
Orange Bell Pepper
This dish suffices for almost all diet types. Even hard core meat eaters would love this recipe. Its a winner.
How to make these roasted vegetables
- Firstly, I blended all the dressing ingredients in a blender and blended it smooth.
- Secondly, I blanched/steamed the vegetables (broccoli, Brussel sprouts, sweet potato).
- Next, I combined all the vegetables in a casserole baking dish and mix in the hemp dressing.
- Afterwards, I baked it in a preheated oven.
- Lastly, I turned off the oven and take it out. I like with drizzled more of the dressing or serve it on the side.
- Make sure to include sweet potatoes in this recipe to give it a touch of sweetness and a nice break to the entire dish.
- I would highly recommend to steam the Cauliflower, Broccoli, Brussel Sprouts together. Then, steam the sweet potatoes separately.
- Maintain the crunch of the vegetables by taking them off the steamer just before they start to cook.
- When serving as side dish drizzle the a little extra dressing as this enhances the flavor of this dish a lot more.
- For convenience you may simply semi boil sweet potatoes and later peel off the skin. It’s ready to be roasted. Or else peel them and then steam the slices in the steamer basket.
- This is a great side dish. However it can served in a wrap as well.
- It tastes best when served immediately. But, the dressing can be made ahead of time and refrigerated for about a week in an air tight glass container.
- This recipe can be made in Air Fryer as well. I have explained the details in the recipe card under notes.
- The dressing is versatile and can be used as dip or as a salad dressing. It’s low in calories and healthy too.
My other Holiday side dishes that you may like are:
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below and rate this recipe also.You may also tag @kiipfit on Instagram. I will definitely shout it out there.
Vegan Herb Hemp Roasted Vegetables
For hemp dressing
For the vegetables
- 2 cups broccoli florets (steamed)
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower florets (steamed)
- 1 whole sweet potato (sliced & steamed)
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts (halved & steamed)
- 1 cup baby Portobello Mushroom (sliced)
- 1 cup white onion (roughly chopped )
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper (squared)
- 1/2 cup orange bell pepper (squared)
- In your blender combine all the ingredients for hemp dip and then blend it smooth. Keep it aside until ready to be used.
- Preheat your oven at 375 degree Fahrenheit and prepare a cookie sheet with a parchment paper. (You may use a casserole baking pan as well but make sure to grease it a little so as to avoid sticking).
- Thereafter, heat water in your saucepan and place the steamer basket in it with the vegetables to be steamed like cauliflower, broccoli, Brussel Sprouts and sweet potato(You may steam vegetables individually or all together).
- Thereafter, in a large bowl you may combine all the vegetables and toss in hemp dip. Gently mix so that the vegetables do not break.
- Afterwards, spread the vegetables on the prepared cookie sheet so that each vegetable is nicely cooked. (Do not stack vegetables in this stage. They should spread evenly and nicely).
- Later, place the cookie sheet at the top rack of your oven and bake it for 25 minutes.
- Lastly, take it out and adjust the salt. Enjoy it as side dish.
- In order to steam sweet potatoes you may peel and slice it first. Then steam it in a steamer basket. Or else you may semi boil it first, then peel and slice it and follow rest of the instructions as mentioned above.
- The vegetables should not be over steamed so as to maintain its crunchy texture.
- This recipe tastes best when served immediately. However, if you plan to make it ahead of time then prepare all the vegetables and the dressing. Just before to start with dinner toss them and bake.
- You may blend extra dressing and serve it with the roasted vegetables for that extra punch. I personally like extra dressing on my veggies. This dressing can be refrigerated for about a week in an air tight container.
- For Air Fryer : Follow until step 4. Then, arrange the vegetables in the air fryer basket. Bake it at 400 degree for 10-15 minutes or until the vegetables are soft yet crunchy.