Thick, rich, and creamy this Easy Vegan Chocolate Pie that has No Tofu is made with my homemade pie crust. I sweetened the crust with dates and made the filling easily in a blender with simple ingredients.
My daughter tasted it and declared it the best vegan chocolate pie ever. I was absolutely on top of the world.
I was so happy that it was quick and no hassle at all. So, this dessert pie can be served easily to your guests without prior notice because mostly we have all the ingredients in the panty.
However, I have posted more vegan chocolate recipes for all the chocolate lovers. But my favorite is the chocolate truffle that is a no bake treat. My daughter loves vegan chocolate muffins for her school snack since its nut free and made with oat flour.
However, my vegan chocolate cake is the tastiest and kid friendly too.
Most of my desserts are oil free and butter free and are made with oat flour.
Hence, a bit healthy treat from me for you to satisfy sweets craving every day.
Vegan chocolate chips
Unsweetened cocoa powder
Instant coffee powder
Vegan whipped cream
So, this dairy free chocolate pie is stunning and made so beautifully in few steps.
Oat flour – you may use store bought one or you may grind your own. Each style works great in this chocolate pie recipe.
Almond flour – this gives a mild nutty and sweet flavor to the pie crust along with a nice crisp texture.
Dates – I like to sweeten my desserts with natural ingredients and dates also helps to bind the dough along with adding nutrition and fiber to it.
Oat milk – any dairy free milk works here but I personally love the taste of oat milk.
Cashew nuts – I used cashew nuts instead of tofu to make it easier to make and serve. Cashews also helps thicken chocolate very well while in the refrigerator.
Coffee powder – you may use espresso powder as well. I used it only to enhance the cocoa flavor here.
Vegan whipped cream – coconut milk or almond milk based whipped cream works well in this vegan chocolate cream pie.
For detailed measurement of ingredients, please scroll down to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
How to make Vegan Chocolate Pie (No Tofu)
Make the crust
Firstly, in a food processor, I combined oat flour, almond flour, dates, salt, and oat milk.
Secondly, I blended them until all the ingredients started to stick to each other.
Next, I took out the dough and roughly made a ball out of it and placed it at the center of the prepared pan.
Thereafter, I shaped it according to the pan making sure to seal the edges. Then,
I placed it in the middle rack of the oven and baked it for 20 minutes.
Lastly, I took it out and kept it aside.
Prepare the filling
In this step, I melted the chocolate chips in the microwave until I achieved its pouring consistency.
Next, I combined cashew nuts, melted chocolate, cocoa powder, coffee powder, vanilla extract, oat milk and maple syrup in the blender.
Then, I blended it smooth.
Once, I was ready I poured the filling on the baked crust.
Afterwards, I spread it evenly with the back of the spoon and refrigerated for about 1 hour to settle down.
Once the chocolate was firm, I topped it with vegan whipped cream and spread it evenly.
Lastly, I sprinkled the chocolate chips evenly on its stop and served a generous slice to my family.
They all loved it and was so happy with my new creation.
I loved it too and I often satisfy the dessert craving with my decadent recipe of chocolate cashew cream pie.
The leftovers can be stored in the pan itself covered by a food saver cling wrap for about 3 weeks.
Sometimes, I slice the entire pie into 10 slices and save them in an air tight container in a single layer. Then, I refrigerate them for about 3 weeks.
We personally can eat them directly from the refrigerator while its cold. We love the taste of cold thickened chocolate. For a softer texture you may bring it to the room temperature by keeping it for about 30 minutes on a kitchen counter. Then, devour.
- While shaping, it is important to use fingers to shape the dough to cover the edges of the pie pan. However, the dough may not come up to the high edges.
- Most importantly, combine all the filling ingredients in a blender first and just before blending melt the chocolate and immediately blend for the best results.
Yes! Once its settled and firm, wrap the pie with a food saver cling wrapper without any garnishes in the pan itself. You may refrigerate overnight as well for this. When ready to serve just top it with vegan whipped cream and chocolate chips.
Yes! since the chocolate is thick and firms up as it cools, and plus I made it with cashew nuts high power blender works great to smoothen the filling for this recipe.
Unsweetened dark cocoa powder is a must. With that melted semi sweet vegan chocolate chips blends well and helps us avoid using extra added sugar in this recipe. For topping, I like to use the same vegan chocolate chips but you may also use shaved dark chocolate of your choice.
You must follow the measurement and steps in this recipe. Once this nondairy chocolate pie is settled in the refrigerator for an hour the filling thickens and firms up well.
My other vegan pie recipes
This post may contain affiliate links which means that if you click on them and make a purchase, I will get a small commission. Moreover, I share only those products which I use personally and love.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did. I am very excited to hear back from you.
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with a 5-star rating.
In addition, you may checkout my cookbook for everyday comfort vegan recipes.
Easy Vegan Chocolate Pie (No Tofu)
for the filling
- Preheat oven at 350-degree Fahrenheit and prepare a 9-inch round pie pan with a parchment paper. For this cut the parchment paper in round circle in the exact shape and measurement of the pie pan. Grease the pie pan with a cooking spray and then stick the parchment paper to it so it does not move while shaping the dough.
- In a food processor combine all the crust ingredients (oat flour, almond flour, dates, salt, and 2 tbsp oat milk). Blend it until the ingredients start to stick to each other and becomes dough like consistency. (May take about 3-4 minutes). Pause at intervals to scrape from all sides if needed.
- Remove the blade from the food processor and gather the dough and roughly bind it together with your hands. Place it at the center of the prepared pie pan and press it from the top center with your palm. Shape the dough according to the pie pan sealing the edges at the same time as much as possible. Keep pressing the dough from the top with your fingers and palms until the edges of the pie pan are covered with the dough. Make sure that the dough does not break from the center so if you see any cracks taking place seal it first and then continue shaping. (The dough at this stage will look almost like a pizza crust).
- Place it in the middle rack of the preheated oven and bake it for 20 minutes. When done, turn it off and take it out. Keep it aside on a flat counter without disturbing the crust.
- In a high-power blender combine filling ingredients (cashew nuts, cocoa powder, coffee powder, vanilla extract, 1/4 cup oat milk and maple syrup). Keep it aside. Do not blend at this stage.
- In a microwavable bowl, combine ½ cup chocolate chips and melt it at high for 1 minute. Pause and stir with a spoon to check if melted. Microwave again for 30 seconds. Pause and whip it with a spoon. It should be melted by now or else microwave again for another 20 seconds. Whip it vigorously with a spoon and pour it in the blender that has all the filling ingredients. Blend it very smooth. (May take about 2 minutes). Pause and scrape from all sides if needed.
- Pour the blended chocolate filling on the baked pie crust and spread it evenly with the back of a spoon or a flat spatula. Refrigerate it for at least 1 hour.
- The chocolate firms up and the pie is settled at this stage. When ready to serve take it out and cover it with a thin layer of vegan whipped cream. For this, spray about ¼ – ½ cup whipped cream on the chocolate pie and spread it evenly with the back of a spoon as a third layer. Sprinkle ¼ cup chocolate chips evenly on its top. Slice and enjoy!
- Cover the leftovers in the pie pan with a food saver cling wrap and refrigerate for about 3 weeks. Slice and enjoy when you are ready.
- Place the leftover slices in a single layer in an air tight container and refrigerate for about 3 weeks.