This Thai Curry Red Rice Soup gets ready only in about 30 minutes and is a complete week night meal. The flavors of homemade spices and fresh herbs make it even more desirable.
Ultimate comfort food for the cold weather. I can’t get over it.
The combination of flavorful Thai spices and healthy sprouted red rice along with mixed vegetables.
I simply couldn’t stop myself from finishing the whole pan of soup all alone and I became an ardent fan of this Thai Curry Red Rice Soup.
Only in about 30 minutes a complete week night meal is ready and so satisfying.
Inspite of its speediness the complex flavors of delicious Thai curry powder, fresh herbs, red rice, fresh vegetable broth and coconut milk makes this awesome soup want more………….
How to make Thai Curry Red Rice Soup
Let’s get started with Thai curry powder. It takes only few minutes to assemble the spices and many of you must be having the common spices in your kitchen pantry and it falls within our budget. 🙂
The fresh crushed coriander seeds, black pepper, turmeric powder, mustard powder and few more spices along with unsweetened coconut flakes make this curry powder super delicious.
It can be kept for a month in the kitchen spice rack and use it as and when required.
Red rice – this gluten free grain has many health benefits. It’s a great source of antioxidants and is a rich source of fiber and vitamin B6 and keeps a check on the bad cholesterol and yet so delicious that if you try it once I assure you that you will want more of it.
Assemble all the ingredients in a pot pan and cook for few minutes.
Generously squeeze lots of lemon juice on it and enjoy on those busy and cold week nights with your family.
A must try meal that will make you its biggest fan 🙂
You may also like:
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram .
Thai Curry Red Rice Soup
For curry powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1/4 tsp crushed black pepper
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper powder
- 1 tsp unsweetened dry coconut flakes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried garlic
- 1/2 tsp white sesame seeds
- 4 large Thai basil leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup chopped baby corn
- 1/4 cup julienned carrots
- 1/4 cup red rice (rinsed)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup water
- Lemon juice as per taste
- In a glass bowl combine all the ingredients for the curry powder and keep it aside.
- Heat a nonstick pan/wok and add oil, garlic, sesame seeds, Thai basil leaves.
- Immediately add onions and saute well for a minute.
- Add broccoli, baby corn and carrots and mix again.
- Now add curry powder and mix well so that the vegetables are well coated.
- Now add red rice and coconut milk into the pan. Cover with a lid and cook on a low flame for approximately 10 minutes or until the milk is all absorbed. (Don’t let it burn).
- Now add vegetable broth and water and cook covered on a low flame for 15 minutes or until the rice is tender, soft and chewy.
- Just before serving add few drops of lemon juice and enjoy.
- Coriander powder can also be used instead of coriander seeds.
- This recipe is spicy so feel free to change the measurement of black pepper, chili powder and cayenne pepper to 1/8 tsp each.
- Curry powder can be made ahead of time and stored in glass jar container with a tight lid for 3 weeks. In this case don’t add coconut flakes to it. Just when ready to use mix unsweetened coconut flakes to the curry powder and enjoy.
- If you like softer red rice then cook for 5 more minutes before turning off the flame. Make sure to cook in low-medium flame covered.
- Brown rice can also be substituted for red rice.
- Since this recipe calls for cooking in a low flame covered for the rice to acquire the right texture it may take few extra minutes to cook.
I love your innovative recipes! This one sounds particularly delish. yum
Amy @Planning Playtime says
This looks delicious. I want you to just come cook for me for a week. 🙂
This looks SO YUMMY! Thanks for sharing!
That looks delicious and perfect for fall!
April R @Uncookie Cutter says
Thanks so much for sharing, looks great as always!
This looks really interesting! Thanks for sharing!
Emily, Our house now a home says
This looks so good! This seems like a recipe my husband would love to try out!
Thank you Emily. Hope you all enjoy this soup 🙂
This looks delicious. I love soup weather!
Thank you Mary.