This soft and fluffy Pan Roasted Raspberries Bread is quick, yeast free and well baked. Its easy to whip up and is not overly sweetened plus its kid friendly along with being vegan.
I don’t know whether it was my 1st day in school or my daughter’s 1stday in school but we were both excited and slightly apprehensive about this day. I wanted this day to be special and memorable for my family.
This was the first time in 2 ½ years that she would be away from home without me. Well I must confess I was a little nervous about the situation. Surprisingly my anxieties brought some more creativity out of me 🙂 .
Since it was my first experience of packing a lunch box for my toddler I was wondering what I should give her in school that would be easy to eat, yet mouthwatering, kid friendly and would create minimum mess for everybody.
Something that I could cook a day ahead and I could just put in her lunch box next morning and quickly drive her to school.
I had a big box of Raspberries and with all the thoughts flowing in my mind I kept staring at them. After few minutes I just turned on the flame and starting warming the pan. I just dumped the raspberries into the pan with some sweetener and covered it for 5 minutes. It turned out to be beautiful antioxidant syrup. Then it struck me why not I bake bread and hence I came up with Pan Roasted Raspberries Bread. But my real test was still due. When my daughter came back from school the first thing I did was to check her lunch box and it was all gone. Yippee! I made it. Another creation of mine was a success 🙂
How to make Pan Roasted Raspberries bread
Firstly, I heated a nonstick pan and cooked raspberries in it with sugar until they were ready to be mashed.
Secondly, I combined all the liquid ingredients in a mixing bowl.
Next, I combined all the dry ingredunets in another mixing bowl followed by foling in the wet ingredinets to it.
Once a stciky batter was formed I spooned the batter in a bread baking pan.
Than, I placed it in a preheated oven and baked it for 40 minutes.
These tastes best fresh out of oven with a dollop of vegan butter. The leftovers can be refrigerated in an air tight container for about 5-6 days. Simply warm then in a toaster oven and enjoy.
They are not overly sweet. They have a subtle raspberry taste and its crunch.
You may also like:
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition, you tag @kiipfit on Instagram because we would love to see what you cooked.
Pan Roasted Raspberries Bread
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp flax oil/olive oil
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Warm a nonstick pan in a low flame over the stove. Add raspberries and maple syrup. Lightly mix them so that the raspberries are properly coated with the maple syrup. Cover and cook in the medium flame for 5 minutes. When it is slightly liquid turn off the flame and remove the pan from the hot stove. Mash the raspberries lightly with the spatula and let them cool to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven at 425 degree Fahrenheit and prepare the loaf pan by greasing and dusting it. In the meantime combine all the liquid ingredients in a bowl ( including the cooked raspberries.
- In another bowl combine the dry ingredients and mix with a spoon.
- Pour the liquids into the dry ingredients and mix well with a spoon. Make sure you don’t overdo it. Just mix gently with a spoon so that all the ingredients are properly combined. The batter will change into purplish in color.
- Spoon the batter into the loaf pan and put it in the oven. Bake for 40 minutes or until the knife comes out clean. Take the bread out of the oven and let it cool. Once cooled the bread will leave the loaf pan. Cut into slightly thick slices and serve at room temperature.
- This recipe pairs well with vegan butter when warm.
- Refrigerate the leftovers in an air tight container for about 5-6 days.
Leave a Reply