This hydrating and refreshing Orange Thyme Mocktail has sweet and tangy flavor with a subtle aroma of fresh herbs. It fits into almost types diet due to its healthy ingredients.
We are on the threshold of summer and personally I think it’s better to decide little ahead of time for the seasonal menu. So that when you host events your menu is ready and you can whole heartedly indulge in parties rather than fussing over the menu.
It’s important to stay hydrated when the temperatures are high and especially when guests arrive during this season, cool refreshing drinks are definitely expected.
Keeping all this in mind I decided to try a mocktail recipe this time.
My idea was that the mocktails should also be healthy so that we can indulge in it guilt free and did not want it to be loaded with sugar syrup.
Orange Thyme Mocktail is a refreshing drink with all the natural ingredients.
How to make Orange Thyme Mocktail
I used fresh oranges and added some orange extract for flavoring and thyme herbs and blended it smooth, then strained as fine as possible.
I used the herb to give a different flavor and look and believe me you will love this beverage. As you all know, I am always on a look out to add some unique and different ingredient combinations in my recipes. Therefore, this worked so well that I have already made 2 batches of Orange Thyme Mocktail. Lastly, I mixed the orange puree with pure coconut water. The mocktail is ready. 🙂
Now for the presentation, just rub the rim of the mocktail glass with lime wedges and dip it into ginger sugar mix and fill it up with ice. I poured the mocktail in the glass and serve immediately.
Feel free to make it ahead of time and chill in the refrigerator. In that case you may not need ice depending on your preferences. 🙂
So easy and simple and a delicious mocktail ready within minutes. This time again my sister in law was visiting us and I made this Orange Thyme Mocktail for her.
She relished it and I was happy again to be able to test my recipe on her and I succeeded again in bringing out the right flavors. 🙂
You may also like:
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram because we would love to see what you cooked.
Orange Thyme Mocktail
- 6 small oranges (peeled and seeds removed)
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp orange extract
- 4 cups pure coconut water
- In a blender combine oranges, thyme and orange extract and blend smooth. Strain it thoroughly.
- Now pour the orange puree again into the blender and add coconut water and with the mix option blend it again for 2 minutes.
- In a bowl combine 1 tsp ginger powder, 1 tbsp. sugar and shake it a bit.
- Rub your favorite glass rim with lime wedges and dip the glass into the ginger sugar mixture.
- Now fill the glass with ice and garnish with thyme herbs. Pour the mocktail slowly and serve immediately.
- It is important to rub and dip the glass rim to bring out the flavor of the mocktail smoothie.
- If you decide not to garnish your glass rime then while blending the orange puree with coconut water add pinch of ginger powder, some sugar according to taste and 2-3 drops of lime/lemon juice.
- If you don’t plan to serve immediately then store the mocktail smoothie without ice in a glass container in the refrigerator and let it chill and serve when desired but can be stored only for a day.
- If you like your drinks to be on a sweeter side then add sugar according to taste. I prefer my drinks naturally sweetened so that the original flavor of the ingredients are more prominent and so I did not add any extra sugar since the sweet flavor of coconut water was sufficiently sweet for this recipe.
- If blending ginger with the smoothie instead of garnishing the glass rim then fresh ginger may also be used (½ tsp chopped ginger).